Staub Cast-Iron Round Cocotte
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
Earn $25 in reward dollars4 for every $500 spent on your Williams Sonoma Credit Card. Learn More
Staub's innovative enamel coating takes cast-iron cooking to the next level with improved performance, style and durability. A heavy lid to seal in moisture paired with heat-retaining cast iron make this oven ideal for slow-cooking homemade chili or a hearty stew.
- Heavyweight enameled cast iron transfers and retains heat evenly.
- Color selections feature multicoat enameling to create a glossy, vibrantly colored "majolique" finish that resembles fine ceramics.
- Matte Black oven features multi-coat enameling with low-gloss matte finish.
- Resistant to rust, chipping and cracking, the coating requires no additional seasoning like other cast-iron pieces.
- Specially formulated black matte interior enamel contains traces of quartz, giving it additional heat resistance and a textured surface that results in better browning.
- Dozens of precisely placed bumps on the lid's interior funnel evaporated juices directly back down on top of food for additional basting.
- Dishwasher safe.
- Made in France.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 2 3/4-Qt.: 8 1/4" diam., 3 3/4" high; 9 lb. with lid.
- 4-Qt.: 9 1/2" diam., 4 1/2" high; 10 lb. 8 oz. with lid.
- 5 1/2-Qt.: 10" diam., 4 1/2" high; 12 lb. with lid.
- 7-Qt.: 11" diam., 5 1/4" high; 15 lb. 15 oz. with lid.
- 9-Qt.: 12" diam., 5 1/2" high; 17 lb. 5 oz. with lid.
- 13 1/4-Qt.: 13 1/2" diam., 6 1/2" high; 22 lb. 10 oz. with lid.
- Smooth enameled base is compatible with all cooktops, including induction; not recommended for glass stove tops.
- Extra-heavy lid seals in moisture for tender, flavorful results.
- Lid knob on Red, Sapphire Blue, Basil, Graphite and Emerald pieces is made of nickel-plated brass; lid knob on Black Matte is brass.
- Made in France.
- Use & Care
- Ideal for use on any cooktop, including induction; not recommended for glass stove tops.
- Oven and broiler safe up to 500°F.
- For best results use low to medium heat.
- When using high heat, bring pans slowly to a high temperature.
- Use plastic, wood or nylon utensils only; metal utensils may damage the enamel.
- Enamel may chip or crack if banged against a hard surface.
- Handles and knobs can become very hot. Always use pot holder or glove when handling.
- Allow pan to cool before washing.
- Dishwasher safe.
- Stubborn stains can be removed by soaking your pot for a few minutes in hot, soapy water.
- Completely dry pan before storing.
- Avoid using steel wool, steel scouring pads, harsh detergents, bleach or abrasive cleaners.
UPS can deliver most in-stock items within 3-5 business days. UPS is unable to deliver to P.O. boxes.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.
Next Day Delivery
For an additional charge of $17.50 per address, we can expedite delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
Orders received by 9:00 p.m., Eastern time, Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday through Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
At Williams Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction are our priority. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
If within 30 days, you are dissatisfied for any reason, you may return your purchase for a refund of the merchandise value. An original receipt or gift receipt is required for all returns and exchanges. Returns with a gift receipt will be refunded in the form of a Merchandise Credit for the amount indicated on the gift receipt. Returns with original receipt will be refunded in the original form of payment, cash and check refunds over $100 will be issued as a company check (may take 14 business days from time of request).
For all cutlery returns (knife sets, single knives, cutting boards, knife sharpeners, and knife storage) please contact us at 888.922.4108 to initiate the return.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, food, items shipped direct from the vendor, or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned.
Made to Order and Final Sale Furniture items are non-returnable, and cannot be cancelled once the order is placed.
For returns of items purchased from your Williams Sonoma Gift Registry, we will gladly provide a refund or exchange for the merchandise within 90 days of your event or within 90 days of purchase, whichever date is later. View Full Returns Policy.
- More about Staub
Staub traces its origin to the Alsace region of France, where founder Francis Staub designed his first enameled pot while working in an old French artillery factory in 1974. With the goal of creating the perfect pot for cooking the region's traditional hearty soups, stews and braises, he combined cast iron, the most popular material of the time, with the latest enameling technology available. Today, Staub still makes its cookware at a traditional atelier in France, casting each pot in an individual sand mold, which is heated to 800°F and destroyed after use. The exterior enamel coating is made with glass powder and mineral pigments, applied in two or three coats to generate brilliant glossy colors.
Rated 5 out of 5 by kkcathey from Gorgeous! My new 5 1/2 qt. pot in Le Mer arrived yesterday and it is absolutely gorgeous. It is a better size for me than the 4 qt. and the color is mesmerizing. I love it. And it's not too heavy. So thrilled with Staub's quality. Cooking in Staub pots makes me a better cook. Food always turns out better in Staub.Date published: 2018-05-15Rated 5 out of 5 by DBorlando from 3 different sizes... exceptional quality It’s been about a year since I’ve purchased over 30 pieces of Staub cookware, including round and oval cocottes (French ovens), Heritage Braiser, Fish Pan, Universal Pan, Perfect Pan, Steam Grill and Griddle, 10” Fry Pan, 13” Double-Handle Fry Pan, Mini-Cocottes, Sauce Pot, Petite Pot, large and small Square Grill Pans, Round and Oval plates . I know there’s some overlap in what I’ve gotten, but it’s nice to have options, especially as a novice-to-intermediate cook. Consistenently high-quality throughout all of these pieces. I cook on a 36” induction... all pieces provide exceptional even heat distribution. The glazed exterior finishes are stunning, but high-maintainence to keep wiped down. The dark matte interiors look sharp and hide stains, albeit not ideal for fonding. Although I’ve yet to max-out the oven temp at 500 degrees with any of these, they work superbly between 400-450 degrees and retain heat extremely well. The raised spikes found in some of the lids (like the cocottes) are not gimmicky... they create moisture drops back onto the food. Because of the high-gloss finish, any of the non-Black pieces, risk getting chipped, if you’re not careful or if you have difficulty handling the sizeable weight. NOTE: The larger-sized pieces (over 4 qts) may not be suitable for frail people or those with arthritis. Lifting, storing and maneuvering them can be, not only be challenging, but even dangerous. The same issue applies for the fry pans (skillets), in which one might want to get a double-handle fry pan, which also comes in handy for less crowding of the stove top or oven. They all are easy to clean, although the non-stick doesn’t live up to expectations. But a small amount of seasoning with oil will make a huge difference. Overall, I’m highly satisfied with the Staub collection.Date published: 2018-04-29Rated 5 out of 5 by Art5 from staub 4qt.cocotte.. i added this 4 qt to my collection, the cherry color is similar to the red color i have in le cruset, so they all combine. I like the inside black coating. I have another staub 12” fry pan. They are excellent for cooking, are heavy, and long lasting.. after cooking with these products there is no return to teflon & other lite duty pans. They are excellent for cooking healthy..Date published: 2018-03-04Rated 1 out of 5 by Jims from Poor long term durability After using the 5 1/2 qt Staub pot for a year I have burned some food a few times at the bottom of the pot. It does not come off. A non-stick pot can be cleaned, a Le Creuset pot can be cleaned. But this Staub cannot be cleaned. On top of that customer service does answer my email either.Date published: 2018-01-15Rated 5 out of 5 by Cheryl T from Big Blue This pot is incredible! I purchased the Sapphire Blue 4-Qt. Round Cocotte because I've grown tired of stainless steel. This pot is flawless! It's so beautiful that I just can't store it away! I display it on my cook-top alongside a colorful Moroccan Tagine. Be advised: The knob remains as hot as the pot. Also, the blue color is much deeper than how it appears online. It's more like indigo. To me, that makes it even prettier!Date published: 2018-01-09Rated 5 out of 5 by Rustyred from Well designed I’ve only used this once so far, but I am impressed with the design. I purchased the 4 qt, which is a perfect size for me.Date published: 2017-12-10Rated 5 out of 5 by QualityFan from Beautiful design with great function The science behind Staub dutch ovens is amazing. The lid has these "nipples" that facilities moisture dripping back in the cocotte. Good heavy weight to the lid to prevent moisture from escaping too. Beautiful, durable enamel finish. Everything I make in this cocotte is amazing! I prefer Staub over Le Crueset because of its design and the amazing lid. I've had it for 3 years and I still put it back in its box after each use because it's one of my most valued equipment in my kitchen! Each family kitchen should have at least one Staub cocotte.Date published: 2017-08-27Rated 5 out of 5 by CulinaryCailliers from Great Cocottes We purchased two of these in different sizes and both have worked out tremendously well.Date published: 2017-06-14