Ruffoni Historia Copper Fondue Pot
Legend has it that fondue originated when a shepherd in the Swiss Alps heated his dinner of wine and cheese in a pot to eat with his bread. Our heavy-gauge copper pot, handcrafted in Italy, is designed for both sweet and savory fondues.
- 1-qt. cap.
- Crafted of hand-hammered copper for excellent heat conductivity.
- Interior is lined with durable nonreactive tin.
- Chromed burner allows adjustment of the flame (fuel not included).
- Includes 6 stainless-steel forks with stay-cool wooden handles; additional forks are sold separately.
- Made in Italy.
- 1-qt. cap.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 6 1/4" diam., 10 1/4" high overall.
- Outer pot: 2-qt. cap.
- Ceramic insert: 1-qt. cap.
- 6 lb. 3 oz. with insert.
- Use the pot alone for oil-based fondues, or insert the porcelain liner for melting cheese or chocolate.
- Riveted brass handles.
- Sturdy cast-iron stand.
- Made in Italy.
- Use & Care
- Ideal for gas and electric cooktops.
- Oven safe to 450°F.
- To protect the tin lining from damage, do not heat the pot empty or at temperatures above 450°F.
- Use wood, plastic or heat-resistant nylon tools to avoid scratching the tin lining.
- Allow pot to cool before washing.
- Hand-wash; dry immediately with a soft cloth.
- Avoid using steel wool, steel scouring pads or harsh detergents.
- Copper will develop a rich patina over time. This will not affect the pan's cooking performance. To keep the exterior looking new, use a copper polish or a combination of lemon and salt.
- The tin lining protects foods from reacting with copper but will become discolored over time. This is normal. Depending on the frequency of use and types of food cooked, the tin lining may eventually have to be replaced. To prolong the lining's usefulness, avoid cooking acidic ingredients in your tin-lined cookware.
UPS can deliver most in-stock items within 4-5 business days. UPS is unable to deliver to P.O. boxes.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.
Next Day Delivery
For an additional charge of $17.50 per address, we can expedite delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
Orders received by 9:00 p.m., Eastern time, Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday through Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
At Williams Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction are our priority. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
If within 30 days, you are dissatisfied for any reason, you may return your purchase for a refund of the merchandise value. An original receipt or gift receipt is required for all returns and exchanges. Returns with a gift receipt will be refunded in the form of a Merchandise Credit for the amount indicated on the gift receipt. Returns with original receipt will be refunded in the original form of payment, cash and check refunds over $100 will be issued as a company check (may take 14 business days from time of request).
For all cutlery returns (knife sets, single knives, cutting boards, knife sharpeners, and knife storage) please contact us at 888.922.4108 to initiate the return.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, food, items shipped direct from the vendor, or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned.
Made to Order and Final Sale Furniture items are non-returnable, and cannot be cancelled once the order is placed.
For returns of items purchased from your Williams Sonoma Gift Registry, we will gladly provide a refund or exchange for the merchandise within 90 days of your event or within 90 days of purchase, whichever date is later. View Full Returns Policy.
- More about Ruffoni
Ruffoni was founded in 1962 in Omegna, Italy, a beautiful lakeside town at the base of the Alps that’s known for its tradition of metalworking and coppersmiths. The Ruffoni family preserves this history in its private collection and museum, which showcases antique copper cookware and early copper-production processes. The company’s skilled artisans still use many of these time-tested, hands-on techniques to craft heirloom-quality cookware as beautiful as it is functional. From hand-hammered exteriors to decorative molded handles and knobs, the famous Italian attention to design shines in every piece.
You May Also Need
Bar Keepers Friend
Rated 2 out of 5 by CourtneyBenedict from Wish the stand was Copper I love having a few statement copper pieces and anything that involves melted cheese. So this should have been a home run purchase, but unfortunately I ended up returning it. The copper pot is beautiful, but the black stand sort of cheapens the look. It's flimsy and doesn't match. For the price I paid, it wasn't worth it.Date published: 2015-06-26Rated 5 out of 5 by AlexandLizzie from Party favorite I received this gorgeous fondue pot as a wedding present many years ago and it has only resurfaced after our kitchen renovation allowed all my tools to be stored close by! I made a Tyler Florence traditional Swiss fondue for an Oscar party and for a neighborhood Progressive Dinner and it was the prettiest thing on my island! I paired the dipping bowls filled with apples, bread, and cherry tomatoes in ceramic white to match the insert. Just lovely, fun, and easy to keep sparkling.Date published: 2015-03-09Rated 5 out of 5 by luv2bake2day from Fav Fondue Pot I hosted a Fondue Party and bought several Fondue Pots. This one stole the show!! It is so beautiful and easy to keep looking beautiful, just a lil barkeepers. I have used it several times and it never disappoints.Date published: 2012-02-07