Waffles with Fresh Strawberries
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 4 Tbs. (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
- Fresh strawberries for serving
- Whipped cream for serving
Sift the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt into a large bowl. Add the milk and vanilla and whisk until combined. Add the eggs and butter and whisk until smooth.
Pour about 1/3 cup batter into each well of the waffle maker. Close the lid and cook according to the manufacturer's instructions until golden brown and crisp, 4 to 5 minutes. Transfer the waffles to a baking sheet and keep warm in the oven while cooking the remaining waffles.
Serve the waffles with strawberries and whipped cream. Makes 12 waffles.