Raita Potato Salad
- 3 lb. small Yukon Gold potatoes
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 seedless cucumber, peeled and grated
- 2 cups plain yogurt, store-bought or homemade
(see related recipe at left), strained for 30
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1 1/2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. lightly toasted ground cumin seeds
- 1 Tbs. fresh lemon juice
Place the grated cucumber between several layers of paper towels and press gently to absorb excess moisture. Transfer the cucumber to a bowl and add the yogurt, cilantro, mint, garlic, cumin, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Stir until smooth.
Pour the yogurt mixture over the potatoes and stir well to combine. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Serves 8 to 10.