- 4 Tbs. (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- 2 yellow onions, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 2 lb. baby Yukon Gold potatoes, boiled until just tender and sliced 3/8
- 2 Tbs. finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
Wipe out the pan with a damp paper towel. Melt the remaining 2 Tbs. butter with the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the potatoes and cook, stirring occasionally and being careful not to break up the slices too much, until crisp and golden brown, 8 to 10 minutes.
Add the onions and parsley to the pan and stir to combine. Transfer to a warmed serving bowl and serve immediately. Serves 6 to 8.