Grilled Lamb Chops with Harissa
- 2 lb. lamb rib chops, each about 3/4 inch thick,
frenched and trimmed of excess fat
- 1/2 cup harissa sauce, plus more for serving
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Couscous with almonds and currants for serving
(see related recipe at left)
- Ratatouille for serving (see related recipe at
Place the lamb chops in the barrel of a vacuum marinator. In a small bowl, stir together the 1/2 cup harissa sauce and the olive oil and pour into the marinator. Marinate for 20 minutes according to the manufacturer's instructions. Transfer the chops to a plate and season lightly with salt and pepper.
Preheat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Working in batches, cook the lamb chops, turning once, about 2 minutes per side for medium-rare, or until done to your liking. Transfer the chops to a warmed plate and let stand for 2 to 3 minutes.
Spoon the couscous onto a platter and arrange the chops on top. Serve with ratatouille and pass more harissa sauce at the table. Serves 4.