- Dorset Brandy Glasses Sugg. Price $29.95 – $59.95 Our Price $23.96 – $47.96
- Schott Zwiesel Pure Cognac Glasses, Set of 6 $84
- Vintage Etched Snifter Glasses, Set of 4 Sugg. Price $59.95 Our Price $47.96
- Riedel "O" Tequila Glasses, Set of 2 Sugg. Price $29.90 Our Price $23.92
- Riedel "O" Gin Glasses, Set of 4 Sugg. Price $49.90 Our Price $39.92
- Riedel "O" Cognac Glasses, Set of 2 Sugg. Price $29.90 Our Price $23.92
- Williams Sonoma Whiskey Tasting Glasses Sugg. Price $14.95 – $59.95 Our Price $11.96 – $47.96
- Riedel Vinum Port Glasses, Set of 2 Sugg. Price $65.90 Our Price $47.20
- Riedel Vinum Single Malt Whiskey Glasses, Set of 2 Sugg. Price $65.90 Our Price $59
- Schott Zwiesel Limoncello Drinkware Set Sugg. Price $60 Our Price $48
- Nachtmann Bossa Nova Whisky Glasses, Set of 3 Sugg. Price $149.90 Our Price $119.92
Home Bar Essentials: Liqueur Glasses
Although setting up a home bar takes work and planning, the result is well worth it. Having the ability to serve sweet or spicy liqueur drinks from the comfort of your own home opens up a world of entertaining possibilities. When planning your home bar, one of the most important elements to consider is the glassware. Drinking out of the proper liqueur glasses elevates the experience to one your guests will never forget.
The Importance of Using Proper Cordial Glasses
With so many unique glasses required for different kinds of alcohol, it's important to understand why using the right glassware makes a difference. There are three key reasons to use the proper glass for cordial drinks.
- Cordial glasses are specially designed with portioning in mind. Pouring your liqueur of choice into improper glassware may result in a beverage that loses its flavor and becomes too warm before the drink can be finished.
- Top mixologists know that the right look is just as important as the taste when serving alcoholic beverages. Serving liqueurs in the proper glass ensures the drink looks exactly as is intended.
- Liqueur glasses are also specially designed to deliver optimal taste. The glassware is shaped in a way that traps the distinct aromas, greatly improving the drinking experience. The right glassware will also regulate the drink's temperature, keeping chilled liqueurs cool or adding warmth to room temperature liqueurs.
Types of Liqueur Glasses
Just like spirits and alcoholic beverages each have unique flavor profiles, they also have unique glassware requirements. Williams Sonoma carries a wide variety of bar glasses which you can mix and match to create the right set for your home bar.
- Traditional cognac glasses are shaped like a tulip, with a long stem and a flared top rim. This design captures the distinct aroma of the alcohol while also allowing it to breathe. Cognac glasses are also available in a modern stemless variation.
- Snifter glasses are characterized by their short stem, wide bottom and narrow top. The wide base shows off the gorgeous color of aged brandy, whiskey or bourbon while the relatively tapered top traps the aroma and allows for easier drinking. The short stem and rounded bottom let the drinker cup the glass in their hand, gently warming the beverage to the perfect temperature.
- Port glasses are generally smaller than traditional glasses for red wine or white wine. This strong, sweet alcohol is served as a dessert wine after a meal in elegant glasses with a short stem and narrow mouth.
When creating your bar entertaining space, two of the most important home bar essentials to consider are the alcohol options and the glassware. Having a varied selection of liqueurs and spirits will not mean as much without the right liqueur glasses for serving. These specially designed cordial glasses will greatly enhance the look and taste of your drinks, making your home bar the perfect place for relaxing or entertaining.