- Shun Classic 2-Piece Prep Knife Set Sugg. Price $288 Our Price $199.95
- Shun Classic 5-Piece Starter Block Set Sugg. Price $520 Our Price $349.95
- Shun Classic Limited Edition Try Me Paring Sugg. Price $113 Our Price $49.95
- Shun Classic 9-Piece Knife Block Set Sugg. Price $1,221 Our Price $829.95
- Shun Classic Hollow-Ground Chef’s Knives Sugg. Price $175 – $206 Our Price $139.95 – $159.95
- Shun Classic Western Chef's Knife Sugg. Price $182 – $206 Our Price $144.95 – $164.95
- Shun Classic 6-Piece Knife Set Sugg. Price $639 Our Price $299.95
- Shun Classic 6-Piece Steak Knife Set Sugg. Price $714 Our Price $489.95
- Shun Classic Chef’s Knives Sugg. Price $150 – $213 Our Price $99.95 – $169.95
- Shun Classic 8 1/2" Hollow-Ground Santoku Knife Sugg. Price $219 Our Price $109.95
- Shun Classic Hollow-Ground 4" Santoku Knife Sugg. Price $150 Sale $94.99
- Shun Classic Serrated Utility Knife Sugg. Price $138 Our Price $109.95
- Shun Classic Steak Knives, Set of 4 Sugg. Price $476 Our Price $319.95
- Shun Classic 8-Piece Steak Knife Set $649.95
- Shun Classic 4-Piece BBQ Knife Set Sugg. Price $582 Our Price $419.95
- Shun Classic 19-Piece Knife Block Set Sugg. Price $2,819 Our Price $1,824.95
- Shun Classic Kitchen Shears Sugg. Price $63 Our Price $49.95
- Shun Classic 4-Piece Knife Block Set Sugg. Price $438 Sale $199.99
- Shun Classic 6" Hollow-Ground Kiritsuke Knife Sugg. Price $194 Our Price $154.95
- Shun Classic 7 1/2" Double Hollow-Ground Sumo Santoku Sugg. Price $219 Sale $129.99
- Shun Classic Hollow-Ground Santoku Knife Sugg. Price $163 – $188 Our Price $129.95 – $149.95
- Shun Classic Hollow-Ground Asian Chef's Knife, 7" Sugg. Price $188 Our Price $149.95
- Shun Classic Hollow-Ground Nakiri Knife Sugg. Price $182 Our Price $114.95
- Shun Classic 7-Piece Essential Knife Block Set Sugg. Price $770 Our Price $529.95
- Shun Classic Gokujo Boning Fillet Knife Sugg. Price $150 Our Price $119.95
- Shun Classic 3-Piece Knife Starter Set Sugg. Price $439 Our Price $319.95
- Shun Classic 3-Piece Build-A-Block Set Sugg. Price $276 Our Price $189.95
- Shun Classic 2-Piece Shear Set Sugg. Price $150 Our Price $109.95
- Shun Classic Paring Knives, Set of 2 Sugg. Price $125 Our Price $99.95
- Shun Classic Kiritsuke Knife, 8" Sugg. Price $213 Our Price $169.95
- Shun Classic 2-Piece Carving Set Sugg. Price $338 Our Price $249.95
- Shun Classic 9" Bread Knife Sugg. Price $188 Our Price $149.95
- Shun Classic 8-Piece Student Knife Roll Set Sugg. Price $1,021 Our Price $649.95
- Shun Classic Wide Paring Knife Sugg. Price $125 Our Price $99.95
- Shun Classic Hollow-Ground Slicer Sugg. Price $188 Our Price $149.95
- Shun Classic Asian Chef's Knife Sugg. Price $182 Our Price $144.95
- Shun Classic Utility Knife Sugg. Price $131 Our Price $104.95
- Shun Classic Dual-Density Utility Knife Sugg. Price $182 Our Price $144.95
- Shun Classic Ultimate Utility Knife Sugg. Price $163 Our Price $94.95
- Shun Classic 6" Meat Cleaver Sugg. Price $200 Our Price $159.95
- Shun Classic Carving Fork Sugg. Price $163 Our Price $129.95
- Shun Classic Paring Knives Sugg. Price $113 – $125 Our Price $89.95 – $99.95
- Shun Classic Bird's Beak Paring Knife Sugg. Price $107 Our Price $84.95
- Shun Classic Offset Bread Knife Sugg. Price $182 Our Price $144.95
- Shun Classic Flexible Fillet Knife, 7" Sugg. Price $156 Our Price $124.95
- Shun Classic 12" Brisket Knife Sugg. Price $225 Our Price $179.95
- Shun Classic Honing Steel Sugg. Price $50 Our Price $39.95
- Shun Knife Care Kit Sugg. Price $31 Our Price $24.95
- Shun Bamboo 22-Slot Knife Block Set $89.95
- Shun 6-Slot Slim Bamboo Storage Block Sugg. Price $38 Our Price $29.95
Shun Classic Knives Handle All Your Prep Tasks
Shun Classic knives make everyday kitchen tasks exceptionally satisfying. This foundational collection from the renowned Japanese cutler features exceedingly sharp edges and comfortable grip handles that allow you full control over basic or advanced cuts. A handful of other characteristics--like sides that prevent food clinging to metal or ambidextrous grips--define the Classic line as one of the best you can get for your kitchen. Expand your culinary skills with a knife range that makes efficient work of any cutting technique you want to try.
Shun's Dedication To Precise Sharpness
Shun is one of Japan's leading knife makers because of the sharpness of the blades. Knives are hand-crafted in Seki City, a town in Japan where cutlery has been the main trade since the 13th century.
- Shun Classics are inspired by the dazzling blades of samurai swords. Each blade is refined to a precise angle so that your cuts are equally precise.
- Knives are honed and polished by hand as the final step in their sharpening. This makes them exceptionally sharp, but also helps to ensure they need maintenance less often than others knives.
- The shapes of the blades are made for the ultimate in cutting power. By carefully designing silhouettes and angles across the entirety of the blade, Shun ensures you can easily get the grip and angle you need for perfect prep.
Shun Classic Knife Set Blade Shapes
Get to know the different styles of a Shun Classic knife set. There are a few different sets from which you can choose, but make sure you indulge in a few basics.
- The Shun Classic chef knife is a longer blade that allows a rocking motion. This rocking is a basic Western cutting technique and likely how you prepare much of your food, even if you don't realize it.
- To upgrade or complement your current chef's knife, look to a santoku. This handy knife is a cross between a chef's knife and a cleaver. You can do almost everything with it.
- Try a serrated utility knife for bread, melons or food with waxy exteriors, like citrus or peppers. Shun's has a pointed tip, which may vary from the bread knife you already have.
Add Steak Knives to Your Collection
Make the leap from kitchen to table with Shun's steak knives. According to classic etiquette, these steak knives are usually the sharp knife at the table, so this is your opportunity to showcase what you use when cooking. The fine PakkaWood handles look beautiful at the table, just like they do in the kitchen.
Tsuchime and Hollow Ground Knives
Look to your Shun Classics for tsuchime, a Japanese cutlery technique of ensuring food doesn't stick to the side of the knife. You may have noticed that when you use fruit and vegetable knives, ingredients like cucumbers or tomatoes may stick to the knife. Tsuchime is a series of oval indentations in the knives that keep your blade moving fast as you cook.
Enjoy the beautiful dexterity of these knives in your kitchen and see how much easier prep work becomes.