- Williams Sonoma Wooden Magnetic Knife Holder Bar, Walnut $99.95 – $149.95
- Williams Sonoma Wooden Magnetic Knife Holder Bar, Maple $69.95 – $119.95
- Global Wall Magnetic Knife Holder Bar Sugg. Price $195 – $299 Our Price $154.95 – $224.95
- Wüsthof Satin Finish Magnetic Knife Holder Bar Sugg. Price $80 – $110 Our Price $59.95 – $79.95
- Wüsthof Magnetic Knife Holder Bar Sugg. Price $30 Our Price $19.95
- Epicurean Magnetic Knife Holder Bar, Slate $59.95 – $79.95
- Messermeister Magnetic Knife Holder Bar Sugg. Price $88 Our Price $69.95 – $74.95
- Messermeister Magnetic Knife Holder Bar, Walnut Sugg. Price $88 Our Price $74.95
Magnetic Knife Bars
A real space saver, magnetic knife bars are strips containing industrial-strength magnets to hold your knives directly on the walls or cabinets of your kitchen. Small kitchens and studio apartments especially benefit from magnetic knife bars, and many cooks with kitchens of all sizes and configurations enjoy the benefits of these cutlery storage items. For instance, magnetic knife bars keep knives out of reach of small children yet still make them very accessible to the cook. Counter and drawer space are freed up, giving you more room for food prep and storage of other cook’s tools. You can also use magnetic knife bars for storing your metal kitchen utensils so they are close at hand, hanging one bar for your knives and another for your metal spatulas, spoons, kitchen shears and ladles.
Magnetic knife bars can be mounted in many strategic spots in your kitchen. Hang one behind the stove, to the side of the stove or on a wall with other kitchen items like spice racks and utensils. You can hang a magnetic knife bar inside a cabinet door to conceal your knives, on the side of a cabinet and even on the underside of a kitchen cabinet above your countertop. A popular location is also on the backsplash above your countertop, ideally where you also store your cutting boards.
Magnetic bars can be hung vertically or horizontally. These storage options are hygienic and they keep your knife blades from being damaged because they don’t scrape against storage materials. Damage to your knives will only happen if they hit against the magnetic strip, so to prevent that, use a gentle approach: when placing your knife on the bar, place spine side first until the magnetic strip pulls it in and snaps it in place. When removing your knives, make a slight twist of the wrist, pulling the knife gently away so that the blade edge leaves first. With this technique, your knives will stay sharp as well as remain close at hand when you are ready to use them.
All of William-Sonoma’s magnetic knife strips come with mounting hardware to securely attach them to your kitchen wall or cabinet. Trusted brands like Messermeister and Wusthof – knife makers themselves – and Epicurean provide you with quality options for displaying and storing your knives with magnetic knife bars in lengths of 8-22". For wood options, browse our beechwood, bamboo and walnut strips. Global’s 16", 20" or 22" bars sport the same design as their impressive knife handles as well.