Spring Vegetable Pasta
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, cut into slices 1/4 inch thick
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup drained oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes,
- 2 zucchini, thinly sliced lengthwise with a
- 2 cups baby arugula
- 4 oz. goat cheese (chèvre), crumbled
- Crushed red pepper flakes, to taste (optional)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 8 oz. fresh fettuccine (see related recipe
Meanwhile, in a large fry pan over medium-high heat, warm 2 Tbs. of the olive oil. Add the onion and cook, stirring often, for 1 minute. Add the garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion starts to caramelize, 7 to 8 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl. Add the sun-dried tomatoes, zucchini, arugula, the remaining 2 Tbs. oil, three-fourths of the goat cheese and the red pepper flakes to the bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
Salt the boiling water, add the pasta and cook until al dente (tender but firm to the bite), 2 to 3 minutes. Drain well, add to the bowl with the vegetables and toss gently to combine.
Transfer to warmed pasta bowls and sprinkle with the remaining goat cheese. Serve immediately. Serves 2.