Smoked Salmon Scrambled Eggs
- 4 to 5 Tbs. unsalted butter
- 4 green onions, white portion and about 2
inches of the green tops, chopped
- 8 eggs
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- 3 oz. smoked salmon, chopped
- 3 oz. cream cheese, cut into 1/4-inch cubes, at
- Fresh tarragon sprigs (optional)
Meanwhile, in a bowl, using a fork, beat the eggs with pepper to taste until blended. Pour the eggs into the sauté pan and, using a wooden spoon, stir continuously, reaching the bottom and edges of the pan, until the eggs begin to thicken and break into curds, about 5 minutes. Keep stirring until the eggs are almost firm, about 4 minutes more.
Remove the pan from the heat and fold the salmon and cream cheese into the eggs. Return to low heat for about 30 seconds to melt the cheese. Transfer the eggs to warmed plates or a platter, sprinkle with the reserved green onions and garnish with tarragon sprigs. Serve immediately.