Pork Shoulder with Prosciutto and Herbs in a Stovetop Pressure Cooker
- 1 pork shoulder, about 3 lb., butterflied,
excess fat removed
- 1 Tbs. chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 Tbs. chopped fresh sage
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 3 oz. prosciutto, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
In a stovetop pressure cooker over medium-high heat, warm the olive oil until nearly smoking. Add the roast and brown on all sides, 3 to 4 minutes total, then add the wine and stock. Cover and cook according to the manufacturer's instructions. Release the pressure according to the manufacturer's instructions. Transfer the roast to a carving board, cover loosely with aluminum foil and let rest for 5 minutes before carving.
Skim the fat from the sauce, season with salt and pepper, and transfer to a sauceboat. Slice the meat and arrange on a warmed platter. Pass the sauce alongside.