Pork Chops with Fennel
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 4 boneless pork chops, each 6 oz.
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 Tbs. herbes de Provence
- 2 fennel bulbs, sliced 1⁄4 inch thick
- 2 red, yellow or orange bell peppers, seeded and
cut into slices 1⁄4 inch thick
- Juice of 2 oranges
- 1 Tbs. chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
Reduce the heat to medium and add the fennel and bell peppers to the pan. Cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, about 5 minutes. Add the orange juice, increase the heat to high and cook until the liquid is reduced by half, 3 to 4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
Return the chops to the pan and baste with the sauce. Garnish with the parsley. Serve immediately.