Thanksgiving Leftovers Panini
Relive Thanksgiving dinner with this impressive toasted sandwich, which contains leftover turkey and many of our favorite Thanksgiving sides. Feel free, of course, to improvise based on whatever you find in your fridge the weekend after the big celebration.
- 2 slices rye bread
- Olive oil for brushing
- 2 Tbs. Williams-Sonoma Cranberry Fig Chutney
- 2 slices leftover roast turkey
- 1 slice Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup (1 oz./30 g) leftover cooked stuffing
- 1/4 cup (1 oz./30 g) leftover mashed potatoes
- 1/4 cup (1 oz./30 g) leftover brussels sprouts
- 1/4 cup (2 fl. oz./60 ml) turkey gravy, warmed
Preheat an electric panini press on the “panini” setting.
Place the bread slices on a work surface. Brush one side of each bread slice with olive oil. Turn one slice over, spread with the chutney and top with the turkey, Swiss cheese, stuffing, mashed potatoes and brussels sprouts. Cover with the remaining bread slice, oiled side up.
Place the sandwich on the panini press and close the lid. Cook until the bread is golden, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove the top slice of bread and pour the gravy on top of the sandwich. Return the top slice, cut the sandwich in half and serve immediately. Serves 1.
Williams-Sonoma Test Kitchen