Home Fries with Poached Eggs
- 2 Tbs. vegetable oil
- 2 Tbs. unsalted butter
- 3 large russet potatoes, peeled and cut into
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 3 green onions, white and light green portions,
- 1 red bell pepper, cored, seeded and diced
- 8 eggs
- 1 Tbs. minced green onion tops
Fill an egg poacher with 1/2 inch water and bring to a simmer. Lightly oil the poaching cups and warm the cups in the pan. Crack an egg into each cup and cook to the desired doneness, 2 to 4 minutes; repeat to make 8 poached eggs.
Divide the home fries among 4 plates. Top each with 2 poached eggs and garnish with the minced green onions.