Holiday Poinsettia Punch
A big bowl of bubbly punch makes a festive centerpiece for a holiday celebration and is also an easy way to serve a crowd, but be sure to plan ahead and make an ice ring, a large block of ice or large ice cubes a day before serving. To make a decorative ice ring, find a Bundt pan that’s no wider than your punch bowl, fill it about three-fourths full of water and freeze overnight.
- 1 1/2 cups (12 fl. oz./375 ml) chilled cranberry juice
- 1 1/2 cups (12 fl. oz./375 ml) chilled orange juice
- 1/2 cup (4 fl. oz./125 ml) vodka
- 1/4 cup (2 fl. oz./60) Cointreau
- Molded ice ring, a large block of ice or large ice cubes
- 2 bottles (each 750 ml) chilled dry sparkling wine or Champagne
- 8 orange slices, each about 1/4 inch (6 mm) thick
- 2/3 cup (2 1/2 oz./75 g) fresh or frozen cranberries
In a large punch bowl, stir together the cranberry and orange juices, vodka and Cointreau. Place a molded ice ring or a large block of ice in the bowl. Pour in the sparkling wine and stir gently to combine. Garnish with the orange slices and cranberries and serve immediately. Serves 12 to 16.
Williams-Sonoma Test Kitchen