Garlic-Lemon Chicken Kabobs
- 3 Tbs. plus 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tbs. minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tsp. kosher salt, plus more, to taste
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground pepper, plus more,
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut
into 3/4-inch pieces
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 large red onion, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1-inch
Soak a cedar plank in water according to the package instructions. Prepare a medium fire in a grill and heat the plank. If using wooden skewers, soak them in water to cover for at least 20 minutes.
In a small bowl, whisk together the 1/2 cup olive oil, the lemon juice, salt and pepper. Set aside.
Thread the onion and bell pepper onto the skewers, alternating the pieces and dividing them equally. Remove the chicken from the marinade; discard the marinade. Thread the chicken onto separate skewers, taking care not to pack the pieces too tightly.
Lay the skewers on the plank. Brush the vegetables with the olive oil-lemon juice mixture. Close the lid and cook until the chicken is opaque throughout and the vegetables are soft and beginning to brown, 8 to 12 minutes. Transfer the skewers to a warmed platter and serve immediately. Serves 2.