Fava Bean and Pecorino Salad
- 4 lb. fava beans
- 2 1/2 to 3 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbs. minced green onion, including tender
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Fresh lemon juice, to taste
- 8 to 12 soft lettuce leaves, preferably red
- 2 oz. young pecorino cheese, such as Toscanello
In a bowl, mix together the fava beans, olive oil, to taste, and green onion. Season with salt, pepper and lemon juice. Tear the lettuce into bite-size pieces and add to the bowl. Toss gently.
Using a vegetable peeler, shave the cheese into paper-thin slices directly into the bowl. Toss gently. Taste and adjust the seasonings. Transfer to a serving platter.