For the hollandaise sauce:
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 Tbs. fresh lemon and lime juice
- 1 Tbs. water
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 2 pinches of freshly ground white pepper
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 16 Tbs. (2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted
- 4 English muffins, split and toasted
- 3 Tbs. softened unsalted butter
- 4 cups loosely packed baby spinach leaves
- 8 eggs
Lightly spread the cut side of each muffin with 1 tsp. of the softened butter.
In a sauté pan over medium-high heat, melt the remaining 1 tsp. butter. Add the spinach and cook until slightly wilted, about 2 minutes. You should have about 1 1/2 cups cooked spinach. Keep warm.
Fill an egg-poaching pan with 1/2 inch water, set the pan over medium heat and bring to a simmer. Lightly coat the poaching cups with nonstick cooking spray and crack an egg into each cup. Cover and cook until the whites are firm and the yolks are glazed over but still soft, about 3 minutes, or until done to your liking. Transfer the eggs to a warmed plate and repeat with the remaining eggs.
Place 2 muffin halves on each of 4 warmed individual plates. Top each muffin half with some of the spinach, an egg and some of the sauce. Serve immediately.