Coddled Eggs with Bacon & Goat Cheese
- 2 Tbs. plus 2 tsp. unsalted butter, at room
- 8 eggs
- 4 tsp. heavy cream
- 1/4 cup cooked diced bacon
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese (chèvre) or
- 4 tsp. scallions, thinly sliced diagonally
- Salt and freshly cracked five pepper blend,
- Toast for serving
Butter the bottoms and sides of four 5.4-fl.-oz. Apilco ramekins with the 2 Tbs. butter. Put 1/2 tsp. butter in the bottom of each one. Break 2 eggs into each ramekin, then top each with 1 tsp. cream, one-fourth of the bacon and cheese, and 1 tsp. scallions. Season with salt and pepper. Cover the ramekins tightly with aluminum foil.
Place the ramekins in a baking dish and add boiling water to fill the pan halfway up the sides of the ramekins. Bake until the whites are just set and the yolks are runny, 18 to 22 minutes; for set whites and hard yolks, bake for 22 to 30 minutes.
Remove the ramekins from the baking dish and remove the foil. Serve immediately with toast. Serves 4.