Asparagus, Goat Cheese & Prosciutto Pizza
- 1 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Bread Machine Pizza Dough for one 12-inch pizza, made in a bread machine
- Cornmeal for dusting
- 1⁄4 lb. goat cheese, crumbled
- 6 asparagus spears, ends trimmed, spears
cooked until tender and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 Tbs. grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 1 Tbs. chopped fresh oregano
- 4 to 6 paper-thin slices prosciutto
In a sauté pan over medium heat, warm the 1 Tbs. olive oil. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender and translucent, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and transfer the onion to a bowl.
Roll out the dough into a 12-inch round. Lightly dust a baking peel with cornmeal and lay the dough on top. Lightly brush the dough with olive oil and spread the onion on top, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Scatter the goat cheese over the onion. Scatter the asparagus on top and season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with the Parmigiano-Reggiano and half of the oregano.
Carefully slide the pizza onto the preheated pizza pan. Bake until the bottom of the crust is golden and the cheese is bubbly, about 15 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven. Arrange the prosciutto on the pizza, sprinkle with the remaining oregano and drizzle with a little oil. Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.