Arugula Salad with Pancetta and Mint
Peppery arugula, flavorful mint, salty pancetta and pungent Gorgonzola all add tons of flavor to this spring salad, which is why a simple dressing of Champagne vinegar and olive oil is best. This is the perfect salad to make when your garden is overflowing with fresh mint.
- 1/4 lb. (125 g) pancetta, diced
- 4 cups (8 oz./250 g) arugula
- 1 cup (1 oz./30 g) fresh mint leaves
- 2 Tbs. Champagne vinegar
- 2 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- 1/4 lb. (125 g) Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled (about 1 cup)
- 1/4 cup (1 oz./30 g) toasted pine nuts
In a fry pan over medium-high heat, cook the pancetta, stirring occasionally, until crisp, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and cover the pan to keep warm.
In a large bowl, toss together the arugula and mint leaves. Drizzle the greens first with the Champagne vinegar and then with the olive oil; toss to coat evenly. Season with salt and transfer to a serving platter.
To serve, top the salad with the Gorgonzola, pine nuts and warm pancetta. Serve immediately. Serves 6 to 8.
Williams Sonoma Test Kitchen