Zwilling J.A. Henckels Pro Serrated Prep Knife, 5 1/2"
- Special Offer
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
After three years of rigorous testing, Zwilling knifemakers hit upon the "sweet spot" for this blade's serrated edge. The unique pattern of large and small scallops cuts easily through tough foods—hard-skinned vegetables, crusty breads—without tearing or crushing delicate textures such as soft bread or ripe tomatoes.
- Multipurpose serrated knife offers plenty of knuckle clearance for chopping yet is small enough for paring tasks.
- Unique scalloped serrations hold their sharpness and excel for cutting a wide range of food textures.
- Precision forged using Zwilling’s Sigmaforge process, which incorporates the Friodur ice-hardening technique to produce corrosion-resistant blades that are exceptionally hard yet flexible.
- Made in Germany by Zwilling J.A. Henckels, founded in 1731.
- Dimensions & More Info
- Precise lasers ensure each blade’s edge is at the optimal cutting angle for maximum sharpness.
- Arched bolster perfectly supports the thumb—and allows the full length of the edge to be sharpened, from tip to end.
- Contoured for a secure, comfortable grip, the sleek ABS resin handle is triple-riveted to the blade.
- 5 1/2"-long blade, 4 3/4"-long handle.
- 11.2 oz.
- Made in Germany.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent. Rinse and dry immediately.
- Sharpen your knife at home using a sharpener specifically designed for a serrated blade, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
UPS can deliver most in-stock items within 3–5 business days. UPS is unable to deliver to P.O. boxes.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.
Next Day Delivery
For an additional charge of $26 per address, we can expedite delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
Orders received by 9:00 p.m. ET Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday through Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
At Williams Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction are our priority. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
If within 30 days, you are dissatisfied for any reason, you may return your purchase for a refund of the merchandise value. An original receipt or gift receipt is required for all returns and exchanges. Returns with a gift receipt will be refunded in the form of a Merchandise Credit for the amount indicated on the gift receipt. Returns with original receipt will be refunded in the original form of payment, cash and check refunds over $100 will be issued as a company check (may take 14 business days from time of request).
For all cutlery returns (knife sets, single knives, cutting boards, knife sharpeners and knife storage), please contact us at 888.922.4108 to initiate the return.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, food, items shipped direct from the vendor or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned.
Made to Order and Final Sale Furniture items are non-returnable and cannot be cancelled once the order is placed.
For returns of items purchased from your Williams Sonoma Gift Registry, we will gladly provide a refund or exchange for the merchandise within 90 days of your event or within 90 days of purchase, whichever date is later. View Full Returns Policy.
- Free Knife Sharpening in Stores
Working with a sharp knife is safer, more effective and much less tiring than trying to cut and slice with a dull one. To ensure top performance, bring your favorite knife into your local store and one of our cutlery experts will give it a fresh, new edge using our precision equipment. The first knife is free; each additional knife is just $5.
Our stores also offer knife demonstrations to teach you the correct grip, positioning and basic knife techniques and can help you find the perfect cutlery for your needs – just ask a store associate for assistance.
- Price Match Guarantee
Williams Sonoma Price Match Guarantee
At Williams Sonoma, we're committed to bringing you the best quality at the best prices.
If you find a lower price on any of our products, we'll match it—guaranteed. Click here for details.
Rated 5 out of 5 by CMCM49 from Wonderful Serrated Utility Knife I needed to replace my 25 year old Zwilling Twin serrated utility knife, and was debating between this one, the Zwilling Pro 5" serrated utility and the Wusthof Classic Ikon 5" utility. I liked them all but alas, I couldn't justify all three, but Idecided that this is my favorite. The unique serrated edge is incredibly sharp (watch out!), but what I really liked was the blade angle, making it easier to slice things like tomatoes, lemons, vegetables. I'm a fan of the Zwilling Pro angled bolster, and this is a worthy replacement for my old knife. It's a breeze to slice thru thick sandwiches or cut buns in half, and really excels with soft foods. Highly recommended, I find myself using it a lot. I had to order online because I couldn't find this particular knife in any store.Date published: 2015-10-03