Zwilling J.A. Henckels Pro Serrated Prep Knife, 5 1/2"
- Special Offer
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
Earn $25 in reward dollars4 for every $500 spent on your Williams Sonoma Credit Card. Learn More
After three years of rigorous testing, Zwilling knifemakers hit upon the "sweet spot" for this blade's serrated edge. The unique pattern of large and small scallops cuts easily through tough foods—hard-skinned vegetables, crusty breads—without tearing or crushing delicate textures such as soft bread or ripe tomatoes.
- Multipurpose serrated knife offers plenty of knuckle clearance for chopping yet is small enough for paring tasks.
- Unique scalloped serrations hold their sharpness and excel for cutting a wide range of food textures.
- Precision forged using Zwilling’s Sigmaforge process, which incorporates the Friodur ice-hardening technique to produce corrosion-resistant blades that are exceptionally hard yet flexible.
- Made in Germany by Zwilling J.A. Henckels, founded in 1731.
- Dimensions & More Info
- Precise lasers ensure each blade’s edge is at the optimal cutting angle for maximum sharpness.
- Arched bolster perfectly supports the thumb—and allows the full length of the edge to be sharpened, from tip to end.
- Contoured for a secure, comfortable grip, the sleek ABS resin handle is triple-riveted to the blade.
- 5 1/2"-long blade, 4 3/4"-long handle.
- 11.2 oz.
- Made in Germany.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent. Rinse and dry immediately.
- Sharpen your knife at home using a sharpener specifically designed for a serrated blade, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
Next Day Delivery
- Free Knife Sharpening in Stores
Working with a sharp knife is safer, more effective and much less tiring than trying to cut and slice with a dull one. To ensure top performance, bring your favorite knife into your local store and one of our cutlery experts will give it a fresh, new edge using our precision equipment. The first knife is free; each additional knife is just $5.
Our stores also offer knife demonstrations to teach you the correct grip, positioning and basic knife techniques and can help you find the perfect cutlery for your needs – just ask a store associate for assistance.
- Price Match Guarantee
Williams Sonoma Price Match Guarantee
At Williams Sonoma, we're committed to bringing you the best quality at the best prices.
If you find a lower price on any of our products, we'll match it—guaranteed. Click here for details.
Rated 5 out of 5 by CMCM49 from Wonderful Serrated Utility Knife I needed to replace my 25 year old Zwilling Twin serrated utility knife, and was debating between this one, the Zwilling Pro 5" serrated utility and the Wusthof Classic Ikon 5" utility. I liked them all but alas, I couldn't justify all three, but Idecided that this is my favorite. The unique serrated edge is incredibly sharp (watch out!), but what I really liked was the blade angle, making it easier to slice things like tomatoes, lemons, vegetables. I'm a fan of the Zwilling Pro angled bolster, and this is a worthy replacement for my old knife. It's a breeze to slice thru thick sandwiches or cut buns in half, and really excels with soft foods. Highly recommended, I find myself using it a lot. I had to order online because I couldn't find this particular knife in any store.Date published: 2015-10-03