Wüsthof Classic Chef’s Knife
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
Earn $25 in reward dollars4 for every $500 spent on your Williams Sonoma Credit Card. Learn More
The most indispensable of knives, a chef's knife is essential for preparing any meal, no matter how simple. Made in Germany with a full-tang blade for balance, this knife is a favorite when it comes to chopping, dicing and slicing.
- Knife is precision forged from a single piece of sturdy high-carbon steel that resists stains and corrosion.
- Wüsthof's Precision Edge Technology (PEtec) ensures a 20% sharper blade with twice the edge retention.
- Full tang is triple riveted to the handle for exceptional durability and control.
- Durable polymer handle is contoured for a comfortable grip.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 5" chef's knife: 5” blade, 4”-long handle, 4.25 oz.
- 6" chef's knife: 6"-long blade; 5"-long handle; 5.8 oz.
- 8" chef's knife: 8"-long blade; 5"-long handle; 8.5 oz.
- 10" chef's knife: 10"-long blade; 5 1/2"-long handle; 9.8 oz.
- Made in Germany.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent. Rinse and dry immediately.
- Maintain the knife's cutting edge by regularly using a honing steel.
- Sharpen as needed. With regular use and honing, your knife should not need sharpening more than once or twice a year.
- Sharpen knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
UPS can deliver most in-stock items within 3–5 business days. UPS is unable to deliver to P.O. boxes.
Next Day Delivery
- Gift with Purchase
Rated 5 out of 5 by Captain Joe from Any Chef Would Be Thrilled With This Knife! Wow! This is the knife I've always wanted. It has it all, balance, sharpness, perfect weight, and on and on. I know a little about metallurgy and you need a very special alloy to get and hold an edge like the Wusthof knives. You WILL NOT be disappointed with this knife.Date published: 2017-03-04Rated 5 out of 5 by Tom89 from Highly recommend this product I've had this knife for almost a year now, I have to say that I've also had several brands of knives, but this one is definitely superior. Unless you buy a super expensive japanese knife, you should have a Wusthof 8'' Chef knife, it's definitely forth it.Date published: 2017-02-06Rated 5 out of 5 by Apriloom from Sharpest Knife I've Ever Owned! Cut through tomatoes without mushing them. Good weight and size.Date published: 2017-02-02Rated 5 out of 5 by Ritalou from Great knife I have had this knife for 14 to 15 years and still my favorite knife.Date published: 2016-12-29Rated 4 out of 5 by GeorgeFan from Knife is great, don't bother with the monogramming I'm sure this knife will work great, for all the reasons mentioned in the other reviews. However, The WS monogramming is a mistake: This is nothing more than an ink stamp on the backside of the knife: It definitely cheapens the look of a $100+ knife. Not sure why I thought this would be an engraved initial, but it's not. I'm a little embarrassed to give this as a gift, but don't have a choice at this point (and there are no returns on monogrammed items).Date published: 2016-12-17Rated 5 out of 5 by PizzaChef from Great knife! Although you're partly paying for the Wusthof name, it's mostly worth it. It's clearly far superior to lower quality "generic" knives. I've had mine for a couple years and with periodic sharpening, it works as well as the day I bought it.Date published: 2016-11-28Rated 5 out of 5 by Riverrat13s from Wusthof Classic Chef's Knife I love this knife! It is super sharp, would hand wash right away and dry, too expensive to complain about rusting because you hadn't taken care of it right. Skinned and removed fat from chicken like a hot knife thru butter!Date published: 2016-11-12Rated 5 out of 5 by mrsvoth from My husband's favorite knife I bought this knife for my husband and he loves it! Not too small or large, and cuts well.Date published: 2016-10-20
How do I know what size chef’s knife to get for my hand? Hi Turquoisecat, We recommend that you visit your local Williams Sonoma store where you can hold and test out various knives to determine the size, shape, and weight of knife that you prefer.Date published: 2019-05-19
Does the 8" chef's knife come with a blade guard?Hi mstone, The knife comes in a heavy paper sleeve that slips over the blade but not a plastic blade guard.Date published: 2019-02-25