Shun Kaji Double Hollow-Ground Sumo Santoku Knife
- Special Offer
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
Earn $25 in reward dollars4 for every $500 spent on your Williams Sonoma Credit Card. Learn More
Crafted in Japan exclusively for Williams Sonoma, our premium Kaji line features strong, razor-sharp blades that merge new technology and centuries-old handcrafting traditions. The sumo santoku blade’s extra heft gives it plenty of cutting power for larger jobs.
- The double-wide blade and added weight of this blade give it the focused power to tackle larger jobs than a standard Santoku. Dual rows of hollow grounds shed large slices from the blade and the extra width is great for scooping up bits from the cutting board.
- 65-layer blade features a premium SG-2 powdered steel cutting core clad in 64 layers of forged nickel/stainless steel Damascus.
- Inspired by centuries-old samurai sword–making techniques, the blade’s construction creates a super-sharp cutting edge.
- Handle is made of moisture-resistant, resin-infused PakkaWood, shaped for comfort and control.
- This NSF-certified knife meets the high-level safety standards for professional kitchens.
- Handcrafted in Japan.
- A Williams Sonoma exclusive.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 7 1/2"-long blade; 5 1/2"-long handle.
- 7 1/2"-long blade; 5 1/2"-long handle.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent; rinse and dry immediately.
- Avoid cleaners containing bleach or citrus extracts.
- Sharpen as needed. With regular use and honing once a week, your knife should not need sharpening more than once or twice a year.
- Sharpen your knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener designed to sharpen at a 16-degree angle, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
UPS can deliver most in-stock items within 3–5 business days. UPS is unable to deliver to P.O. boxes.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.
Next Day Delivery
For an additional charge of $26 per address, we can expedite delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
Orders received by 9:00 p.m. ET Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday through Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
At Williams Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction are our priority. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
If within 30 days, you are dissatisfied for any reason, you may return your purchase for a refund of the merchandise value. An original receipt or gift receipt is required for all returns and exchanges. Returns with a gift receipt will be refunded in the form of a Merchandise Credit for the amount indicated on the gift receipt. Returns with original receipt will be refunded in the original form of payment, cash and check refunds over $100 will be issued as a company check (may take 14 business days from time of request).
For all cutlery returns (knife sets, single knives, cutting boards, knife sharpeners and knife storage), please contact us at 888.922.4108 to initiate the return.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, food, items shipped direct from the vendor or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned.
Made to Order and Final Sale Furniture items are non-returnable and cannot be cancelled once the order is placed.
For returns of items purchased from your Williams Sonoma Gift Registry, we will gladly provide a refund or exchange for the merchandise within 90 days of your event or within 90 days of purchase, whichever date is later. View Full Returns Policy.
- Warranty Information
Learn more about Care, Sharpening, Warranty Policy and Shipping Instructions. View details
- Free Knife Sharpening in Stores
Working with a sharp knife is safer, more effective and much less tiring than trying to cut and slice with a dull one. To ensure top performance, bring your favorite knife into your local store and one of our cutlery experts will give it a fresh, new edge using our precision equipment. The first knife is free; each additional knife is just $5.
Our stores also offer knife demonstrations to teach you the correct grip, positioning and basic knife techniques and can help you find the perfect cutlery for your needs – just ask a store associate for assistance.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Erick from the best knife ever Is it a cleaver or a chef knife? OMG it's both. Maybe the best all-around knife you can own. Balance and feel perfect, sharpness phenomenal. Well worth the markup from the thinner Santoku.Date published: 2018-09-30Rated 5 out of 5 by 46 and 2 from #1 blade in my kitchen This knife is hefty and solid, yet deft and balanced. And perhaps most important, razer sharp. Easy on the eyes too. Great knife - best I have.Date published: 2018-05-09Rated 5 out of 5 by T6AZ from Top of the line santakou Double wide half the size of a cleaver blade. Shares slot with cleaver. Large knife excellent weight and balance. Better than chef knife. I have the whole set and by far this unique knife is my instant favorite. Can be delicate or has the weight to go through cheese or heavy thick salamis or such.have hand and neck problems. No problems at all, makes everything easy. First choice 75% of the time.you will need to store in a drawer or open box if you don't want to share the cleaver slot. It will not fit in any other slot in the Kaji block. Very wide but worth the storage problem of having no slot.. If you don't have the cleaver that's where you store it. I have the cleaver blade facing left and the santakou blade facing right sharing the same slot and taking it out slowly and putting it back slowly. No big dealDate published: 2013-11-07Rated 5 out of 5 by PeatMoss from My Favorite Knife! This is my absolute favorite 'go to' knife in my kitchen. After months of researching knives I took the plunge and purchased the Shun Kai Double Hollow Ground Sumo Santoku knife while on sale. I was stunned as I sliced and diced veggies effortlessly. This is a high quality knife that is super-duper sharp! Do not purchase the electric Japanese knife sharpener-send it to manufacturer to be professionally sharpened.Date published: 2013-07-27