Shun Kaji 11-Piece Knife Block Set
- Special Offer
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
Earn $25 in reward dollars4 for every $500 spent on your Williams Sonoma Credit Card. Learn More
For ambitious cooks, this set makes an excellent introduction to the Kaji cutlery series developed exclusively for us by Shun. The process of forging the blades combines ancient Damascus and clad construction techniques.
- 65-layer blade features a premium SG-2 powdered steel cutting core clad in 64 layers of forged nickel/stainless steel Damascus.
- Inspired by centuries-old samurai sword–making techniques, the blades’ construction creates a supersharp cutting edge.
- Handles are made of moisture-resistant, resin-infused PakkaWood, shaped for comfort and control.
- These NSF-certified knives meet the high-level safety standards for professional kitchens.
- Cherrywood storage block has 22 slots.
- Handcrafted in Japan.
- A Williams Sonoma exclusive.
11-Piece Set includes:
- 3 1/2” and 4 1/2” paring knives.
- 6” boning knife.
- 6” serrated utility knife.
- 6” and 8” chef’s knives.
- 7” hollow-ground santoku.
- 9” bread knife.
- 9 1/2” hollow-ground slicing knife.
- 9” honing steel.
- 22-slot storage block.
Please note: Storage block is counted as an individual piece.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 3 1/2” paring knife: 3 1/2”-long blade; 5”-long handle; 3.2 oz.
- 4 1/2” paring knife: 4 1/2”-long blade; 5”-long handle; 3.5 oz.
- 6” boning knife: 6”-long blade; 5”-long handle; 6 oz.
- 6” serrated utility knife: 6”-long blade; 4 3/4”-long handle; 3.8 oz.
- 6” chef’s knife: 6”-long blade; 5 1/2”-long handle; 6.2 oz.
- 7” hollow-ground santoku: 7”-long blade; 5 1/2”-long handle; 8.2 oz.
- 8” chef’s knife: 8”-long blade; 5 1/2”-long handle; 8.8 oz.
- 9” bread knife: 9”-long blade; 5 1/2”-long handle; 7.8 oz.
- 9 1/2” hollow-ground slicing knife: 9 1/2”-long blade; 5”-long handle; 8 oz.
- 9” honing steel: 9”-long rod; 5”-long handle; 9.5 oz.
- Knives are made in Japan.
- Block and honing steel made in China.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent; rinse and dry immediately.
- Avoid cleaners containing bleach or citrus extracts.
- Sharpen as needed. With regular use and honing once a week, your knife should not need sharpening more than once or twice a year.
- Sharpen your knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener designed to sharpen at a 16-degree angle, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
UPS can deliver most in-stock items within 3–5 business days. UPS is unable to deliver to P.O. boxes.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.
Next Day Delivery
For an additional charge of $26 per address, we can expedite delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
Orders received by 9:00 p.m. ET Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday through Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
At Williams Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction are our priority. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
If within 30 days, you are dissatisfied for any reason, you may return your purchase for a refund of the merchandise value. An original receipt or gift receipt is required for all returns and exchanges. Returns with a gift receipt will be refunded in the form of a Merchandise Credit for the amount indicated on the gift receipt. Returns with original receipt will be refunded in the original form of payment, cash and check refunds over $100 will be issued as a company check (may take 14 business days from time of request).
For all cutlery returns (knife sets, single knives, cutting boards, knife sharpeners and knife storage), please contact us at 888.922.4108 to initiate the return.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, food, items shipped direct from the vendor or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned.
Made to Order and Final Sale Furniture items are non-returnable and cannot be cancelled once the order is placed.
For returns of items purchased from your Williams Sonoma Gift Registry, we will gladly provide a refund or exchange for the merchandise within 90 days of your event or within 90 days of purchase, whichever date is later. View Full Returns Policy.
- Warranty Information
Learn more about Care, Sharpening, Warranty Policy and Shipping Instructions. View details
- Price Match Guarantee
Williams Sonoma Price Match Guarantee
At Williams Sonoma, we're committed to bringing you the best quality at the best prices.
If you find a lower price on any of our products, we'll match it—guaranteed. Click here for details.
Rated 1 out of 5 by Jackie27 from fragile If you are going to cut anything other than butter stay away from these knifes. Bought the set and half of them are chipped. Read the reviews carefully they are prone to this. imperfections in the steel are the issue and the mfg and retailer will not back this up. when you spend this kind of $ expecting something close to perfection and they are this fragile it is very disappointing. Look at other brands, not this one.Date published: 2019-06-25Rated 5 out of 5 by irunnoft from You'll Never Regret It! I realized that it was time for a major upgrade in my kitchen appliances, cookware and cutlery. One area that I knew I needed to address was the purchase of quality knives. My wife and I have had the same kitchen knives from when we were married over 20 years ago. I looked into quite a few options and decided to invest in Shun despite my initial sticker shock. I was struck by the craftsmanship that goes into the Kaji blades and decided to purchase the 8 piece set. Once I got to the Williams-Sonoma store, I looked at the other knives included in the 11 piece set and opted to spend the extra money to get the larger set. I've not regretted it at all, either! I've used my new knives literally every day since then and to have such an arsenal of laser-sharp knives at my disposal has been equally wonderful as it was strange. I wasn't used to having such a variety; nor was I used to having such quality steel to effortlessly slice through vegetables! The heavy cherry wood block is as beautiful as it is functional. My only regret with this purchase is that I didn't buy these sooner!Date published: 2019-01-29Rated 5 out of 5 by Millerick from Beautiful knives with superior craftsmanship. We were in desperate need of some new knives so we purchased the 11 piece set which is comprised of nine knives, a steel and knife block. I was so impressed the first time I used them than I went back to the store and bought a carving set and one additional knife. So now I have 11 knives and a beautiful carving fork. Last night I grilled a pork roast on my ceramic grill, it was delicious, but I’m not reviewing my cooking so I will quickly move on to the carving. When I started carving the four pound roast, using one of the knives, I did not have to hold the roast in place with a fork. The knife was so sharp that it slice paper thin slices with little effort. I have carved a lot of meat in my lifetime but this was the best and easiest EVER! So my advice is buy these knives.....you will love them!Date published: 2018-01-09Rated 5 out of 5 by Nairb58 from Best knives ever I have been using knives since chief school, the Shun Kaji Knife set I just purchased is so much better then anything I have ever used. Yes they are leather in sharpness and you could shave with them but using the to cook with is a dream. The are worth the investment, you will not be sorry.Date published: 2017-06-04Rated 5 out of 5 by Timothy from Excellent Quality Laser Sharp Knife Set The quality of these knives are unsurpassed. The knives are perfectly weighted and balanced. The knives are Laser sharp! These knives make cutting, chopping, and slicing an absolute joy. They take the cutting experience to an all new level. Cutting with these knives is effortless, fast.Date published: 2017-02-25Rated 5 out of 5 by AmbZ from Great knife set Bought the set at great price， love it！I use them everyday, super easy to use and fit my hand perfectly, easy to clean as well, only thing is you can not sharp them by yourself, so better take good care of them.Date published: 2016-08-14Rated 5 out of 5 by LoveMyStuff from Fantastic set of knives! Probably the best set of knives you will ever own! I researched for months, until I came down to two top brands. I headed to Williams-Sonoma for some expert advice. As soon as I held the Shun in my hand, I knew this was it! The handle grip is quite comfortable. A beautiful set of knives. Received quite a few compliments at Thanksgiving. Shun Kaji certainly rates 5 stars for excellence!Date published: 2014-11-29Rated 5 out of 5 by ScottyMac from Excellent craftsmanship! I personally did weeks of research using hundreds of sources (websites, stores, review sites etc.) Do yourself a favor and save yourself the time and hassle. Go out and buy these knives, they will not disappoint you!Date published: 2013-10-29