Shun Fuji Santoku Knife
- Only at Williams Sonoma
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
The Shun Fuji santoku's razor-thin, lightweight blade makes for extremely fast, agile chopping and slicing – ideal for precision cuts and mincing. Every curve and line has been meticulously hand-smoothed for precise performance without bruising or tearing delicate foods. Inspired by the high-performance knives used by Japanese chefs, our exclusive Shun Fuji collection represents the very best in cutlery craftsmanship and technology.
- Developed for the experienced cook who prefers the lightness and razor sharpness of Eastern-style blades.
- Blade core of SG2 steel is clad on each side with Damascus steel composed of 80 alternating layers of nickel and stainless steel.
- Resulting 161-layer blade is thin and light yet strong and hard, with a supersharp cutting edge.
- Handle is dark tagayasan wood, an extremely dense wood traditionally used in Japan to make samurai sword handles.
- Double-chestnut handle shape has finger ridges on both sides for a comfortable, ambidextrous grip.
- End cap made of polished Damascus steel.
- Shun Fuji collection won the “Kitchen Knife of the Year Award” at the U.S. 2011 Blade Show for the best in new product quality and design.
- 160 handcrafted steps to produce each Fuji knife.
- Handcrafted in Japan.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 5 3/4" santoku: 5 3/4" blade, 5" handle; 6.2 oz.
- 7" santoku: 7" blade, 5 3/4" handle; 8.5 oz.
- Handcrafted in Japan.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent; rinse and dry immediately.
- Avoid cleaners containing bleach or citrus extracts.
- Sharpen as needed. With regular use and honing once a week, your knife should not need sharpening more than once or twice a year.
- Sharpen your knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener designed to sharpen at a 16-degree angle, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
This item is shipped from our warehouse by UPS to arrive within 3-5 business days of our receiving your order.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.
Next Day Delivery
For an additional charge of $26 per address, we can expedite delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
Orders received by 9:00 p.m., Eastern time, Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday through Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
At Williams Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction are our priority. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
If within 30 days, you are dissatisfied for any reason, you may return your purchase for a refund of the merchandise value. An original receipt or gift receipt is required for all returns and exchanges. Returns with a gift receipt will be refunded in the form of a Merchandise Credit for the amount indicated on the gift receipt. Returns with original receipt will be refunded in the original form of payment, cash and check refunds over $100 will be issued as a company check (may take 14 business days from time of request).
For all cutlery returns (knife sets, single knives, cutting boards, knife sharpeners, and knife storage) please contact us at 888.922.4108 to initiate the return.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, food, items shipped direct from the vendor, or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned.
For returns of items purchased from your Williams Sonoma Gift Registry, we will gladly provide a refund or exchange for the merchandise within 90 days of your event or within 90 days of purchase, whichever date is later. View Full Returns Policy.
- Warranty Information
Learn more about Care, Sharpening, Warranty Policy and Shipping Instructions. View details
- Price Match Guarantee
Williams Sonoma Price Match Guarantee
At Williams Sonoma, we're committed to bringing you the best quality at the best prices.
If you find a lower price on any of our products, we'll match it—guaranteed. Click here for details.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Shorty from Lightweight and easy to use great set of knives . I bought this kni e a year ago and it works like brand new I love it and want the whole set but cant afford them right now...Date published: 2018-01-18Rated 5 out of 5 by deez from Great Gift This was purchased as a gift. If you want to score points with those around you that do all the cooking, this is the gift to give!Date published: 2015-01-29Rated 5 out of 5 by ShunFujiSan from Shun Fuji Santoku 5.5" My wife got me this SG2 knife after we bought and tried the 6.5" Chef's Shun Fuji. Just as sharp, if not sharper! Very smooth cutting vegetables and fruits. My wife even engraved my initials! What a nice touch. I simply love Shun Fuji knives and would be looking forward to add more...to my collection.Date published: 2015-01-13Rated 3 out of 5 by KitchenPhil from Wish the craftsmanship was better The design of the knife is unique. I like the double-d handle shape and the tagayasan wood handle used. The knife is light and sharp which makes this tool a daily favorite. Unfortunately, considering the premium price and also the Fuji line is one of the top of the line from WS, the finishing craftsmanship is poor. I literally looked at more than a dozen of them - visited 3 stores, before choosing one that was satisfactory. Good + Design + Light + Sharp - SG2 steel core + Tagayasan wood handle Bad – Poor finishing – Butt of the knife had uneven and unfinished grinding and faint & uneven embossing – Couple of wood handles were poor wood quality - tiny cracks, brittle appearance, unpolished – The damascus layering ran down to the edge of the blade – The bolster had poor inconsistent polishingDate published: 2014-02-13Rated 3 out of 5 by ecami from nice but heavier than expected well balanced but heavier than one would expect for premium Japanese knife technology.Date published: 2012-09-20Rated 5 out of 5 by MasterChef83 from Hefty price, but worth every penny. I own the Shun Class 8 Piece Block set, and I had to get my hands on this, regardless of what the wife told me. Incredibly sharp, true Damascus blade, and it does cut finer then my Shun Classics. Go out and get one!Date published: 2012-02-03Rated 5 out of 5 by cjv1 from Delightfully Sharp, Balanced an Comfortable to Use I have always used the chef's knife in the past. Went to the WS store in Santa Clara, CA and tried both the Fuji Chef and Santoku for feel. It's a personal thing, but I loved the feel of the Fuji Santoku. The knife is sharp beyond anything other than a Steel Damascus blade and it holds it's sharpness especially if you use a ceramic honing rod.Date published: 2012-01-06