Shun Classic 8-Piece Student Knife Roll Set
- Special Offer
- Free Fast Shipping
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
Produced by Japan's leading blade manufacturer, Shun knives reflect the craftsmanship of a centuries-old tradition of Japanese knife making. Perfect for chefs on-the-go or culinary school students, this eight-piece set includes the knife styles most used by professional chefs and home cooks alike. A sturdy roll case makes it easy to transport to class, barbecues or mealtime gatherings.
- VG-MAX "super steel" blade is clad on each side with 34 microthin layers of stainless steel, creating a variegated look reminiscent of a Damascus-style blade.
- Exceedingly sharp cutting edges are long lasting and easy to maintain.
- Durable PakkaWood handles resist moisture and have a D shape, to sit comfortably in the hand.
- Set includes matching honing steel.
- 8-slot roll fits all six knives and honing steel and has additional compartments for miscellaneous tools.
- NSF-certified knives meet high-level safety standards for professional kitchens.
- Knives handcrafted in Japan.
8-Piece Set includes:
- 3 1/2" paring knife
- 6" utility knife
- 6" boning knife
- 8" chef's knife
- 9" hollow-ground slicing knife
- 9" bread knife
- Honing steel
- Knife roll
Please note: Knife roll is counted as an individual piece.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 3 1/2" paring knife: 3 1/2"-long blade; 5 1/4"-long handle; 2.88 oz.
- 6" utility knife: 6"-long blade; 4 3/4"-long handle;
- 6" boning/fillet: 6"-long blade; 7 1/2"-long handle; 4.32 oz.
- 8" chef's knife: 8"-long blade; 5 3/4"-long handle; 9 oz.
- 9" hollow-ground slicing knife: 9"-long blade; 6 1/4"-long handle; 6.8 oz.
- 9" bread knife: 9"-long blade; 6"-long handle; 7.5 oz.
- Honing steel: 9"-long rod; 5 1/8"-long handle; 7.5 oz.
- Roll: 19 3/4" x 6 1/2".
- Knives made in Japan.
- Roll made in China.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent; rinse and dry immediately.
- Avoid cleaners containing bleach or citrus extracts.
- Sharpen as needed. With regular use and honing once a week, you should not need to sharpen your knife more than once or twice a year.
- Sharpen your knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener designed to sharpen at a 16-degree angle, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
UPS can deliver most in-stock items within 3–5 business days. UPS is unable to deliver to P.O. boxes.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.
Next Day Delivery
For an additional charge of $26 per address, we can expedite delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
Orders received by 9:00 p.m. ET Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday through Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
At Williams Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction are our priority. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
If within 30 days, you are dissatisfied for any reason, you may return your purchase for a refund of the merchandise value. An original receipt or gift receipt is required for all returns and exchanges. Returns with a gift receipt will be refunded in the form of a Merchandise Credit for the amount indicated on the gift receipt. Returns with original receipt will be refunded in the original form of payment, cash and check refunds over $100 will be issued as a company check (may take 14 business days from time of request).
For all cutlery returns (knife sets, single knives, cutting boards, knife sharpeners and knife storage), please contact us at 888.922.4108 to initiate the return.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, food, items shipped direct from the vendor or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned.
Made to Order and Final Sale Furniture items are non-returnable and cannot be cancelled once the order is placed.
For returns of items purchased from your Williams Sonoma Gift Registry, we will gladly provide a refund or exchange for the merchandise within 90 days of your event or within 90 days of purchase, whichever date is later. View Full Returns Policy.
- Warranty Information
Learn more about Care, Sharpening, Warranty Policy and Shipping Instructions. View details
- Free Knife Sharpening in Stores
Working with a sharp knife is safer, more effective and much less tiring than trying to cut and slice with a dull one. To ensure top performance, bring your favorite knife into your local store and one of our cutlery experts will give it a fresh, new edge using our precision equipment. The first knife is free; each additional knife is just $5.
Our stores also offer knife demonstrations to teach you the correct grip, positioning and basic knife techniques and can help you find the perfect cutlery for your needs – just ask a store associate for assistance.
Rated 2 out of 5 by Jody from Could have done better. Knives seem to be of good quality and that is where it ends. The knife bag is as cheap as it gets. You could fold it up better in a trash bag. Great disappointment on Christmas morning, especially when you pay that much for knives. Not only am I done with Shun but I am done with W&S. I expect more out of them.Date published: 2018-12-25