Shun Classic Steak Knives, Set of 4
- Special Offer
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
Crafted in Japan, these steak knives have blades forged of stainless steel clad with 16 microthin layers of high-carbon steel. The result is a supersharp blade that combines the beauty of traditional Damascus steel with modern rust-resistance and durability.
- Set includes four steak knives.
- VG-MAX "super steel" blade is clad on each side with 34 microthin layers of stainless steel, creating a variegated look reminiscent of a Damascus-style blade.
- Exceedingly sharp cutting edges are long lasting and easy to maintain.
- Durable PakkaWood handles resist moisture and have a D shape, to sit comfortably in the hand.
- NSF-certified knives meet high-level safety standards for professional kitchens.
- Set includes four steak knives.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 4 1/2”-long blade.
- 4 1/2”-long handle.
- Handcrafted in Japan.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent; rinse and dry immediately.
- Avoid cleaners containing bleach or citrus extracts.
- Sharpen as needed. With regular use and honing once a week, your knife should not need sharpening more than once or twice a year.
- Sharpen your knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener designed to sharpen at a 16-degree angle, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
This item is shipped from our warehouse by UPS to arrive within 3-5 business days of our receiving your order.
Next Day Delivery
Orders received by 9:00 p.m., Eastern time, Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday through Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
For all cutlery returns (knife sets, single knives, cutting boards, knife sharpeners, and knife storage) please contact us at 888.922.4108 to initiate the return.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, food, items shipped direct from the vendor, or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned.
- Warranty Information
Learn more about Care, Sharpening, Warranty Policy and Shipping Instructions. View details
- Free Knife Sharpening in Stores
Working with a sharp knife is safer, more effective and much less tiring than trying to cut and slice with a dull one. To ensure top performance, bring your favorite knife into your local store and one of our cutlery experts will give it a fresh, new edge using our precision equipment. The first knife is free; each additional knife is just $5.
Our stores also offer knife demonstrations to teach you the correct grip, positioning and basic knife techniques and can help you find the perfect cutlery for your needs – just ask a store associate for assistance.
Rated 5 out of 5 by DiannCooks from Great, as expected! Got this as a gift for my son. Had his initials engraved on it. He loved it!!! Shun Quality is top notch.Date published: 2017-01-07Rated 5 out of 5 by tj1595 from knives great but no bamboo box We got a set of these for my son and his wife for christmas. They also got a set when they got married a few months ago. They love the knives, but neither set came with the bamboo box, just some black cardboard box. The knives were returned and more sent to correct the problem, but still no bamboo box. So if you get these you will get great knives, just don't count on getting the bamboo box.Date published: 2012-01-26