Ruffoni Historia Copper Artichoke Handle Fry Pan
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
Earn $25 in reward dollars4 for every $500 spent on your Williams Sonoma Credit Card. Learn More
Handcrafted by master coppersmiths at a family-owned workshop in the Italian Alps, this tin-lined copper fry pan is exceptionally heat-responsive; its riveted brass handle, adorned with sculptural artichokes and their leaves, ensures seamless travel from the stovetop to the tabletop.
- 11" diam., 2 1/2" high.
- Hand-hammered copper construction guarantees top precision and control, allowing the fry pan to respond quickly to changes in cooking temperature.
- Low, flared sides help prevent condensation – and simplify flipping and turning ingredients.
- Interior is lined with durable, nonreactive tin.
- Made in Italy.
- 11" diam., 2 1/2" high.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 11" diam.; 2 1/2" high.
- 2 lb. 14 oz.
- Elegant copper fry pan is handsome enough to bring to the table for serving.
- Riveted brass handle is embellished with hand-cast brass artichokes and leaves.
- Made in Italy
- Use & Care
- Ideal for gas and electric cooktops.
- To protect the tin lining from damage, do not heat the pan empty or at temperatures above 450ºF.
- Use wood, plastic or heat-resistant nylon tools to avoid scratching the tin lining.
- Allow pan to cool before washing.
- Hand-wash; dry immediately with a soft cloth.
- Avoid using steel wool, steel scouring pads or harsh detergents.
- Copper will develop a rich patina over time. This will not affect the pan's cooking performance. To keep the exterior looking new, use a copper polish or a combination of lemon and salt.
- The tin lining protects foods from reacting with copper but will become discolored with use. Depending on the frequency of use and types of food cooked, the tin lining may eventually have to be replaced. To prolong the liner's usefulness, avoid cooking acidic ingredients in your tin-lined cookware.
UPS can deliver most in-stock items within 3–5 business days. UPS is unable to deliver to P.O. boxes.
Next Day Delivery
- More about Ruffoni
Ruffoni was founded in 1962 in Omegna, Italy, a beautiful lakeside town at the base of the Alps that’s known for its tradition of metalworking and coppersmiths. The Ruffoni family preserves this history in its private collection and museum, which showcases antique copper cookware and early copper-production processes. The company’s skilled artisans still use many of these time-tested, hands-on techniques to craft heirloom-quality cookware as beautiful as it is functional. From hand-hammered exteriors to decorative molded handles and knobs, the famous Italian attention to design shines in every piece.
- California Proposition 65
- Price Match Guarantee
Williams Sonoma Price Match Guarantee
At Williams Sonoma, we're committed to bringing you the best quality at the best prices.
If you find a lower price on any of our products, we'll match it—guaranteed. Click here for details.
You May Also Need
Bar Keepers Friend
Rated 5 out of 5 by Bon viveur from Best Choice for Eggs or Cream Sauces Copper responds quickly to heat without any hot spots. It is my favorite pan for frying an egg with a touch of olive oil. The lower temperature brings out the best in the hen's creation. We have found that the taste is superior to an egg cooked in copper lined with stainless steel. The brass artichoke handle is exquisite. The shape ideal for flipping. The Mauviel CopperBrill makes cleaning a snap. The pan may need to be re-tinned in ten years? But that is many delicious meals away.Date published: 2019-01-19Rated 5 out of 5 by dianaColorado from stunning! I have this pan, and I only choose to use it sometimes, I use the stainless mauviel for most. I own this mostly for it's looks. Beautiful. it's a piece of art.Date published: 2018-05-29Rated 3 out of 5 by Wylie from Elegant but not full 2.5mm copper These are beautiful pieces and incredibly stylish. However, if you want true high performance copperware be aware that the thickness of these is lacking. Only 1 to 1.5mm thick copper. You need at least 2 to 2.5. I bought this one and returned it once I found out how thin the copper was.Date published: 2017-08-03Rated 5 out of 5 by geggers from Best sauté pan I've ever owned This is my go-to pan for almost everything. It distributes heat well, maintains an even heat, and cleans up like a dream. I've been using this pan from Ruffoni for 4 years or so and absolutely love it. The person here who rated it 3 stars having never cooked in it is unfair. How can you rate a pan used for cooking by looking at it? Ruffoni makes very high quality cookware, one of the best in my experience and I've been cooking extensively for over 40 years.Date published: 2017-05-17Rated 5 out of 5 by Ken96 from Browns foods beautifully! This pan browns foods beautifully! Its heat responsiveness is really high, allows me to control the temperature and cooks foods evenly.Date published: 2017-04-01Rated 3 out of 5 by LCAhwahnee from quality? handle shape and final finish Beautiful pan. I wanted a light weight copper fry pan as my all-clad copper core fry and saute are heavy at 3 and 4 pounds. It does seem like thin copper with tin interior rolled edge which is fine, as I wanted light weight. So far - have not tired to cook with it yet. The appearance is nice with the brass decorative handle base and the copper shape. >1)The main problem is shape of the edges of the brass handle. The top side edges are squared, not rounded, so the edges cut into my hand when I pick up the pan. I have to pad the handle to pick it up. I would have liked a wider handle and possibly shorter handle to balance the size of the pan (though this would make it heavier.) >2) The brass handle has a corroded strip on the top and bottom close to the pan (not near the 3d-design), so the handle does not seem to be adequately finished. This should have been caught in an inspection, unless the corrosion occurred later which seems doubtful considering the packaging.Date published: 2015-10-01