Mauviel Copper Stock Pot
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
Earn $50 in reward dollars4 for every $500 spent on your Williams Sonoma Credit Card through July 22. Learn More
Mauviel cookware is made in France of copper, a material prized for its ability to transfer heat quickly, distribute it evenly and cool rapidly. Polished to a gleaming finish, this pot measures as high as it does wide to increase the absorption of flavors into the liquid when making stocks and soups.
- Heavy-gauge 2mm copper for superior heat conductivity and temperature control.
- Tin-lined interior is nonreactive and easy to clean.
- The tall shape of this pot helps reduce evaporation and seals in the flavor of stocks, soups and sauces during cooking.
- Riveted bronze handles.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 11 3/4-Qt. Stockpot: 9 1/2" diam.
- 18-Qt. Stockpot: 11" diam.
- Made from 2mm-gauge copper.
- Made in France.
- Use & Care
- Ideal for gas and electric cooktops.
- Oven safe to 450°F.
- To protect the tin lining from damage, do not heat the pot empty or at temperatures above 450°F.
- Use wood, plastic or heat-resistant nylon tools to avoid scratching the tin lining.
- Allow pot to cool before washing.
- Hand-wash; dry immediately with a soft cloth.
- Avoid using steel wool, steel scouring pads or harsh detergents.
- Copper will develop a rich patina over time. This will not affect the pan's cooking performance. To keep the exterior looking new, use a copper polish or a combination of lemon and salt.
- The tin lining protects foods from reacting with copper but will become discolored over time. This is normal. Depending on the frequency of use and types of food cooked, the tin lining may eventually have to be replaced. To prolong the lining's usefulness, avoid cooking acidic ingredients in your tin-lined cookware.
UPS can deliver most in-stock items within 3–5 business days. UPS is unable to deliver to P.O. boxes.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.
Next Day Delivery
For an additional charge of $26 per address, we can expedite delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
Orders received by 9:00 p.m. ET Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday through Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
At Williams Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction are our priority. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
If within 30 days, you are dissatisfied for any reason, you may return your purchase for a refund of the merchandise value. An original receipt or gift receipt is required for all returns and exchanges. Returns with a gift receipt will be refunded in the form of a Merchandise Credit for the amount indicated on the gift receipt. Returns with original receipt will be refunded in the original form of payment, cash and check refunds over $100 will be issued as a company check (may take 14 business days from time of request).
For all cutlery returns (knife sets, single knives, cutting boards, knife sharpeners and knife storage), please contact us at 888.922.4108 to initiate the return.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, food, items shipped direct from the vendor or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned.
Made to Order and Final Sale Furniture items are non-returnable and cannot be cancelled once the order is placed.
For returns of items purchased from your Williams Sonoma Gift Registry, we will gladly provide a refund or exchange for the merchandise within 90 days of your event or within 90 days of purchase, whichever date is later. View Full Returns Policy.
- More about Mauviel
In 1830, Ernest Mauviel established his namesake cookware company in Villedieu-les-Poêles in Normandy. The village had a long history of outstanding metalwork; the locals were considered experts in the craft. Today, much of the manufacturing is still done by hand using traditional processes passed down through generations of copper makers. True to France’s rich culinary history, Mauviel 1830 is a favorite in professional kitchens, where copper’s quick, even heat conductivity is essential for making delicate sauces and other French classics. Mauviel now also offers stainless-steel collections crafted with the same attention to detail as its traditional copper cookware.
Mauviel Copper Cleaner
Rated 5 out of 5 by kchilds from gorgeous pot!!! This pot is as hard working as it is beautiful!! It is just as pretty with a patina as it is polished. I keep it on the stove at all times just because it is so great looking! I love to cook gumbo in it! Thanks for a wonderful product!Date published: 2014-01-11Rated 5 out of 5 by PlanoCook from Beautiful! This gleaming hammered Copper Stockpot is too lovely not to keep on the stove top even when not in use. It produces superb sock and soups. Easy to care for and rarely needing polishing.Date published: 2012-02-12