Thomas Keller by Cangshan 3 1/2" Paring Knife
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
Earn $25 in reward dollars4 for every $500 spent on your Williams Sonoma Credit Card. Learn More
Exclusively available at Williams Sonoma, the refined Thomas Keller Signature Collection by Cangshan is a model of precision and craftsmanship. Slim, sleek and exceptionally well-balanced, each knife is meticulously designed to elevate and augment the skills of the user. Chef Keller was instrumental in the design of this paring knife, rigorously focusing on every detail to ensure it performs flawlessly.
- Designed by Michelin-starred chef Thomas Keller and crafted by award-winning cutlery maker Cangshan.
- Paring knife excels at small, delicate cutting tasks such as slicing fruit, trimming broccoli and peeling garlic.
- Forged from Swedish Damasteel® RWL34 powdered steel, an extraordinarily fine-grained, high-alloy steel known for its excellent edge strength, hardness and corrosion-resistance.
- Ultra-precise 6-stage heat treatment creates a Rockwell hardness rating of 61 +/-2, allowing the blade to take a remarkably sharp edge.
- Hand polished and hand sharpened by expert bladesmiths.
- Packaged in attractive walnut storage box featuring Chef Keller's signature.
- Winner of 2019 Red Dot Design Award.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 3 1/2" blade, 4 1/2" handle.
- 2.9 oz.
- Made in China.
- 16-degree Asian-style cutting edge.
- Full-tang blade construction.
- Bolster-free design supports firm pinch grip and allows easy honing/sharpening.
- Ergonomic handle provides comfortable, secure grip while reducing fatigue.
- Food-safe ABS and PBT plastic handle.
- Single large rivet features Thomas Keller's initials.
- Magnetic storage box boasts unique hingeless design.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and mild detergent; rinse and dry immediately.
- Avoid cleaners containing bleach or citrus extracts.
- Sharpen as needed. With regular use and honing once a week, knife should not need sharpening more than once or twice a year.
- Sharpen knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener designed to sharpen at a 16-degree angle, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
UPS can deliver most in-stock items within 3–5 business days. UPS is unable to deliver to P.O. boxes.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.
Next Day Delivery
For an additional charge of $26 per address, we can expedite delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
Orders received by 9:00 p.m. ET Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday through Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
At Williams Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction are our priority. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
If within 30 days, you are dissatisfied for any reason, you may return your purchase for a refund of the merchandise value. An original receipt or gift receipt is required for all returns and exchanges. Returns with a gift receipt will be refunded in the form of a Merchandise Credit for the amount indicated on the gift receipt. Returns with original receipt will be refunded in the original form of payment, cash and check refunds over $100 will be issued as a company check (may take 14 business days from time of request).
For all cutlery returns (knife sets, single knives, cutting boards, knife sharpeners and knife storage), please contact us at 888.922.4108 to initiate the return.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, food, items shipped direct from the vendor or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned.
Made to Order and Final Sale Furniture items are non-returnable and cannot be cancelled once the order is placed.
For returns of items purchased from your Williams Sonoma Gift Registry, we will gladly provide a refund or exchange for the merchandise within 90 days of your event or within 90 days of purchase, whichever date is later. View Full Returns Policy.
Rated 5 out of 5 by bob m from Another winner in the WS TK lineup. I have some pots and pans from the TK line and think they are about the best out there, so I was intrigued by this new TK line of knives. Now at this point in time, I have more than enough knives from Wusthof, Shun, Cutco - yes Cutco, for anything that needs cuttin'. So, the knife sets were ruled out as well as the larger knives, but I wanted to buy something on the less expensive side - but practical enough that I would actually make use of this knife and not have it sitting on my kitchen counter or drawer. So when I was at my local WS store (Montclair NJ) I placed an order and received it a few days later. Initial impressions - arrived in a beautiful wooden box fitting perfectly into the foam insert. The knife is stunning to look at with a simple, modern style. It fits my hand perfectly and solidly. Thus far I only used it for a few small slicing tasks - cutting garlic, onions etc, and of course and not surprisingly, it was razor sharp. Time will tell how long the blade holds that edge, but I am guessing - and have complete faith in any product made under the WS TK collaboration. I can only imagine the rest of the TK knife lineup is equally superb. If I did not own any other knifes and was wanting to start my knife collection up, I would give this very serious consideration. In fact, I would probably go WS TK all the way and call it a day. Very highly recommended.Date published: 2019-07-28