Boos End-Grain Square Chopping Block, Maple
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
Earn $25 in reward dollars4 for every $500 spent on your Williams Sonoma Credit Card. Learn More
This handsome chopping block relies on traditional butcher-block end-grain construction to withstand heavy daily use. Made in the USA from solid maple, the 3”-thick block makes a beautiful, enduring addition to the kitchen.
- Crafted in the USA from sustainably harvested North American hard rock maple.
- End-grain construction adds strength and is gentle on knife blades.
- Wood will darken over time to a rich reddish brown.
- Crafted by John Boos & Co., the leading manufacturer of butcher blocks and a staple of the commercial cooking industry since 1887.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 12" sq.
- 3" thick.
- 12 lb.
- Made in USA.
- Use & Care
- Board should be seasoned with a food-grade mineral oil before first use.
- To season the board properly, warm the mineral oil slightly and apply it in the direction of the wood grain using a clean, dry cloth. Allow the oil to soak in and repeat with another application. Allow the board to dry and wipe off any excess oil.
- Hand-wash with hot, soapy water. Dry thoroughly.
- Do not soak or submerge board in water.
- Occasionally rub with a food-safe mineral oil to keep wood from drying out.
- To sanitize, wash the board with a solution of one part vinegar to five parts water.
- Remove odors by rubbing the board with kosher or table salt and half a lemon. Let sit for 2 to 3 minutes then wipe clean with a damp cloth. Remove excess moisture with a clean paper towel and stand the board on end to air dry.
- Store in a dry area away from extreme temperatures.
This item is shipped from our warehouse by UPS to arrive within 3-5 business days of our receiving your order.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.
Next Day Delivery
For an additional charge of $26 per address, we can expedite delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
Orders received by 9:00 p.m., Eastern time, Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday through Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
At Williams Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction are our priority. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
If within 30 days, you are dissatisfied for any reason, you may return your purchase for a refund of the merchandise value. An original receipt or gift receipt is required for all returns and exchanges. Returns with a gift receipt will be refunded in the form of a Merchandise Credit for the amount indicated on the gift receipt. Returns with original receipt will be refunded in the original form of payment, cash and check refunds over $100 will be issued as a company check (may take 14 business days from time of request).
For all cutlery returns (knife sets, single knives, cutting boards, knife sharpeners, and knife storage) please contact us at 888.922.4108 to initiate the return.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, food, items shipped direct from the vendor, or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned.
For returns of items purchased from your Williams Sonoma Gift Registry, we will gladly provide a refund or exchange for the merchandise within 90 days of your event or within 90 days of purchase, whichever date is later. View Full Returns Policy.
Rated 5 out of 5 by BobJar from Really high quality Just received this and I'm really impressed. Flat, square, smoothly and uniformly finished. Included a sample pack of Boos' board cream which I highly recommend... Even though the block arrives treated and ready to use, I've heavily treated it again with Boos Mystery Oil, which I prefer over mineral oil because it's lighter-bodied and penetrates much better. I'm replacing a bamboo board, because I noticed that if you are cutting at a shallow angle with a sharp knife (example - flank steak,) you can produce fairly deep scratches or cuts that could hold food particles. No problem with this on the end grain maple. Other key points for me: Both sides finished so twice as many usable surfaces. Really nice grip grooves on 2 sides, wide enough to fit even my fat fingers. Heavy enough so it stays in place on the counter. Nicely rounded edges so I'm not worried about chipping the wood. Another important point, for me. This isn't a cheap cutting block. So, I needed to buy it from someone I trust. WS has always been responsive and professional, and has given perfect service.Date published: 2017-08-04