Zucchini "Pasta" with Mint Pesto
- 1 cup firmly packed fresh mint leaves
- 1/3 cup vegetable stock or canned broth
- 3 Tbs. grated asiago cheese, plus extra for
- 2 large garlic cloves, cut up
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 3 yellow summer squashes, about 3/4 lb. total
- 3 zucchini, about 3/4 lb. total
- 1/4 cup chopped shallot
- 1 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
Using a mandoline or a vegetable peeler, cut the yellow squashes and zucchini into long, narrow ribbons.
Heat a large nonstick fry pan over medium heat. Coat the pan with nonstick cooking spray. Add the shallot and sauté until softened, about 3 minutes. Add the yellow squashes, zucchini and thyme and season generously with salt and pepper. Sauté until the squashes are just tender, about 8 minutes more.
Stir in the mint pesto and heat for 1 minute. Remove from the heat and stir in the remaining 1 Tbs. cheese.
Transfer to a warmed serving dish and toss with extra cheese. Serve hot.