Waffled French Toast
- Nonstick cooking spray or melted unsalted butter
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1 Tbs. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 Tbs. firmly packed light brown sugar
- 8 slices brioche, each 1 1/4 inches thick
- Flavored butters for serving (see related recipe
In a bowl, using a handheld whisk, beat the eggs until frothy. Add the half-and-half, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and brown sugar and whisk until blended.
Dip 1 bread slice into the egg mixture and soak, turning once, 30 seconds per side. Place the bread on the preheated waffle maker, close the lid and cook according to the manufacturer's instructions until golden brown and crisp, about 4 minutes. Keep warm while cooking the remaining bread.
Serve the French toast warm with flavored butters. Serves 4.