Veal and Artichoke Involtini
- 6 medium artichoke hearts, cooked
- 3 oz. asiago cheese, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbs. chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 1/2 lb. veal cutlets, pounded 1/4 inch thick
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 Tbs. (1/2 stick) cold unsalted butter, cut into
- 3 Tbs. olive oil
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 Tbs. fresh lemon juice
Preheat an electric skillet to medium-high heat. Spread the flour on a plate. Lightly dust the veal rolls with flour and shake off the excess. In the skillet, melt 1 Tbs. of the butter with the olive oil. When the butter foams, add the veal rolls and brown on all sides, 6 to 8 minutes total. Transfer to a plate and cover loosely with aluminum foil.
Pour the wine and lemon juice into the skillet and stir to scrape up the browned bits. Bring to a simmer, then turn off the heat. Add the remaining 3 Tbs. butter, stirring constantly until melted. Season the sauce with salt and pepper. Strain the sauce through a fine-mesh sieve.
Remove the toothpicks from the rolls, top with the sauce and slice crosswise. Serve immediately. Serves 6.