So-named because its colors reflect those of the Italian flag, this red, white and green salad is delicious paired with our Sausage and Pepper Sandwiches.
- 1 Tbs. balsamic vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 head Treviso radicchio, sliced crosswise 1/2
- 1 head Belgian endive, sliced crosswise 1/2 inch
- 1 cup arugula
- 1 oz. Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, shaved into
thin strips with a vegetable peeler
In a large bowl, toss together the radicchio, endive and arugula. Add the vinaigrette and toss again. Adjust the seasonings with salt and pepper. Gently toss in the cheese. Serves 6.