This salad provides a cooling contrast to our smoky-sweet Tandoori Chicken.
- 1 1/2 cups plain yogurt
- 3/4 tsp. salt, plus more, to taste
- 10 1/2 oz. cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 oz. cucumber, peeled, halved lengthwise,
seeded and thinly sliced into half-moons
- 1 Tbs. vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp. brown mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 2 tsp. minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
In a small fry pan over medium-high heat, warm the oil. Add the mustard seeds and cover the pan. When the seeds stop sputtering, uncover the pan and add the garlic, lemon zest and parsley. Let sizzle, uncovered, for 10 seconds, then pour the entire contents of the pan over the yogurt mixture and stir to combine. Add the lemon juice. Taste and adjust the seasonings and stir well. Serves 4 to 6.