Savoy Cabbage and Turnips
Curly-leaved savoy cabbage, turnip and carrot are combined in this simple sauté of autumn vegetables. The combination makes an ideal bed for seared duck breast.
- 2 Tbs. unsalted butter
- 1 turnip, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1 carrot, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1 head savoy cabbage, about 2 lb., quartered,
cored and sliced crosswise into strips 1/4
- 3/4 cup low-sodium chicken stock
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 Tbs. chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
Season with salt and pepper and stir in the parsley. Serve immediately. Serves 6.