Salami, Fontina and Roasted Bell Pepper Panini
There are countless combinations of delicious fillings for panini. For a vegetarian version, try grilled eggplant, fresh mozzarella cheese and arugula.
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Leaves of 1 rosemary sprig
- 2 slices sourdough bread, each 1/2 inch thick
- 1 oz. thinly sliced Tuscan salami
- 1 oz. sliced fontina cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced roasted red bell peppers
Preheat an electric panini maker according to the manufacturer's instructions.
Brush one side of each bread slice lightly with the rosemary oil. Lay a bread slice, oiled side down, and arrange the salami and cheese on the bread. Add the bell peppers and top with the other bread slice, oiled side up.
Place the sandwich on the preheated panini maker and cook according to the manufacturer's instructions until the sandwich is hot throughout, golden and crispy.
Transfer the sandwich to a cutting board and cut in half. Serve immediately.