Roasted Radicchio and Endive
- 3 heads Verona radicchio, halved lengthwise
- 3 Belgian endives, halved lengthwise
- 6 Tbs. (3/4 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 Tbs. finely chopped fresh chives, plus more for garnish
- 1/2 cup crumbled fresh goat cheese
Arrange the radicchio and endives in a roasting pan just large enough to hold them comfortably in a single layer. Pour the melted butter over the leaves and turn to coat. Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle with the 2 Tbs. chives.
Roast the radicchio and endives for 10 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven and, using 2 spoons, turn the greens over. Return the pan to the oven and continue roasting until tender, about 10 minutes more.
Arrange 1 radicchio half and 1 endive half on each plate, sprinkle with the goat cheese and garnish with chives. Serve immediately. Serves 6.
Adapted from Williams-Sonoma Collection Series, Roasting, by Barbara Grunes (Simon & Schuster, 2002).