- Olive oil as needed
- 4 carrots, peeled and cut into 1-inch dice
- 6 artichokes, trimmed, tough outer leaves
removed and hearts quartered
- 2 or 3 zucchini, cut into 1-inch dice
- 2 or 3 summer squashes, cut into 1-inch dice
- 2 or 3 shallots, peeled
- 1 head of garlic
- 1 1/2 lb. asparagus, trimmed
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 3 Tbs. chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
Add the zucchini, summer squashes, shallots, garlic and asparagus and stir to coat with the oil. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender, 13 to 15 minutes more. Season with salt and pepper, remove from the heat and stir in the parsley.
Transfer the vegetables to a platter and serve immediately. Serves 6 to 8.