Potato, Green Onion & Bacon Tart
- 1 batch basic tart dough (see related recipe at left)
- 1 lb. large Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and sliced 1/8 inch thick
- 6 oz. Reblochon cheese, sliced 1/8 inch thick
- 1/2 lb. bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces and fried until crisp
- 1 cup thinly sliced green onions, white and light green portions
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
Preheat an oven to 425°F.
Line the tart shell with parchment paper and fill with pie weights. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove the weights and paper and continue to bake until the shell is light golden brown, 5 to 8 minutes more. Transfer the pan to a wire rack and let cool for 5 to 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, bring a saucepan of salted water to a boil over medium-high heat. Add the potatoes and simmer until just tender, 4 to 6 minutes. Drain the potatoes in a colander.
Place half of the cheese slices on the bottom of the crust. Layer half of the potato slices on the cheese in an overlapping pattern. Sprinkle half of the bacon and green onions on top, and lightly season with salt and pepper. Repeat the layering with the remaining potatoes, bacon and green onions, then top with the remaining cheese. Pour the cream evenly over the tart.
Bake until the cream is bubbling and the cheese is light golden brown, about 25 minutes. Let the tart stand for 5 minutes, then remove it from the pan and serve. Serves 4 to 6.