Peanut Butter Panini with Bananas & Honey
- 2 cups roasted unsalted peanuts
- 1 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup peanut oil
- 2 Tbs. plus 4 tsp. honey
- 8 slices white sandwich bread
- 3 Tbs. unsalted butter, melted
- 2 bananas, peeled, halved crosswise and quartered lengthwise
- Honey for serving (optional)
Preheat a panini press to 400°F according to the manufacturer's instructions.
Brush one side of each bread slice with the melted butter. Turn 4 of the slices over and spread each with 2 Tbs. peanut butter. Top each with 4 banana slices and drizzle with 1 tsp. honey. Top each with one of the remaining bread slices, buttered side up.
Place the sandwiches on the preheated panini press and cook until the bread is golden brown and toasted, about 2 minutes. Transfer the sandwiches to a cutting board and cut each in quarters. Repeat with the remaining sandwiches. Serve with honey for dipping. Serves 4.