Pan-Roasted Corn Salad with Tomatoes and Feta
- 4 ears of corn, husks and silks removed
- 2 to 3 Tbs. unsalted butter
- 4 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp. coarsely chopped fresh thyme
- 1 bunch green onions, green portion only, thinly
sliced on the diagonal
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 to 3 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 8 oz. feta cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- Juice of 1/2 lime, plus more as needed
- 2 Tbs. finely slivered fresh basil
In a large nonstick sauté pan over medium-high heat, warm half the butter and 1 Tbs. of the olive oil until nearly smoking. Add half the garlic and sauté, stirring constantly, 20 to 30 seconds. Add half the corn and sauté, stirring occasionally, until golden and just tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Add half the thyme and green onions and sauté for about 1 minute more. Season with salt and pepper and transfer to a large bowl. Repeat with the remaining butter, 1 Tbs. of the oil, and the remaining garlic, corn, thyme and green onions. Transfer the mixture to the bowl. Let cool to room temperature, stirring occasionally, about 30 minutes.
In another bowl, combine the tomatoes, cheese, the remaining 2 Tbs. oil, salt and pepper and toss gently to mix. Add the tomato mixture, the lime juice and basil to the cooled corn and toss to mix. Taste and adjust the seasonings with salt, pepper and more lime juice. Serve at room temperature.