- 1 boneless pork shoulder, 6 to 6 1/2 lb.
- 6 1/2 Tbs. rib rub
- Hickory chips for smoking
- 2 1/2 cups mustard and molasses grilling sauce
- 12 hamburger buns, toasted
- Coleslaw for serving (see related recipe at right)
Remove the pork from the bag. Using an electric smoker according to the manufacturer's instructions, smoke the pork with hickory chips at 225ºF for about 14 hours. Transfer the pork to a plate and let cool for 1 hour.
Pull the meat apart into large chunks and place in a large saucepan. Stir in the grilling sauce, set over medium heat and heat until warmed through. Divide the pork among the hamburger buns and serve with coleslaw. Serves 12.