Italian Sausage with Arrabbiata Sauce and Polenta
If you're pressed for time, you may use instant polenta. Prepare it according to the package instructions and stir in the butter and cheese at the end of cooking, as directed in this recipe.
For the polenta:
- 7 cups water
- 2 tsp. salt
- 2 cups Italian polenta
- 4 Tbs. (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- 1 cup grated Pamigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 2 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 Italian sausages, spicy or mild
- 2 large green bell peppers, seeded and cut into
slices 1/2 inch thick
- 1 large yellow onion, cut into slices 1/2 inch thick
- 1 jar (26 oz.) Williams-Sonoma Arrabbiata Pasta
In a large sauté pan over medium heat, warm the olive oil. Add the sausages and cook, turning once, until browned on both sides, about 10 minutes total. Transfer the sausages to a plate.
Add the bell peppers and onion to the pan and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned and tender, about 10 minutes. Add the pasta sauce and stir to combine. Bring to a simmer and return the sausages to the pan. Cover and cook for 10 minutes, then remove from the heat. Transfer the sausages and sauce to a warmed serving bowl. Transfer the polenta to another bowl and serve immediately.