Grilled Green Beans and Mushrooms
Cooked in a mesh fry pan on an outdoor grill, these vegetables boast an enticing smoky flavor. Serve them alongside our Planked Salmon with Pinot Noir Berry Sauce.
- 2 lb. green beans, trimmed and blanched
- 1 lb. white button or cremini mushrooms,
brushed clean and halved
- 4 shallots, cut into slices 1/4 inch thick
- 2 tsp. chopped fresh thyme
- 6 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground pepper
In a large bowl, combine the green beans, mushrooms, shallots, thyme, olive oil, salt and pepper and stir to coat. Place half the green bean mixture in a mesh grill fry pan.
Place the pan on the grill and cook, stirring occasionally with tongs, until the green beans and mushrooms are soft, 10 to 12 minutes. Transfer the vegetables to a bowl and cover with aluminum foil. Repeat to cook the remaining vegetables. Serves 4.