Grilled Asparagus & Prosciutto Salad
- 1 1/4 lb. asparagus, tough ends trimmed
- 7 Tbs. olive oil
- 1/4 tsp. salt, plus more, to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 Tbs. red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. tarragon or Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbs. finely snipped fresh chives
- 6 oz. mixed baby greens
- 3 oz. thinly sliced prosciutto, cut into strips
- 2 oz. Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, shaved
Brush the asparagus with 1 Tbs. of the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place the spears on the grill rack or in the grill pan and cook, turning occasionally with tongs, until slightly charred and tender, about 8 minutes.
In a large bowl, whisk together the garlic, vinegar, mustard, the 1/4 tsp. salt and a pinch of pepper. Gradually whisk in the remaining 6 Tbs. oil until smooth. Stir in the chives.
Add the greens and prosciutto to the vinaigrette and toss to coat evenly. Arrange the asparagus on plates and top with the greens. Top with the cheese and serve immediately. Serves 4.
Adapted from Williams-Sonoma Food Made Fast Series, Salad, by Brigit L. Binns (Oxmoor House, 2007).