Green Beans with Pancetta and Pine Nuts
- 8 oz. pancetta, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 3 shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 lb. green beans, trimmed and blanched until
- 1/2 cup toasted pine nuts
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
Return the pan to medium heat. Add the shallots and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 5 minutes. Add the green beans and cook, stirring often, until tender, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in the pancetta and pine nuts, and season with salt and pepper.
Transfer the beans to a warmed platter and serve immediately. Serves 8 to 10.